Product quantity visibility

Hi all!

Is there an option on Etsy to make a "Sellers petition" or something similar?

I have a problem with available product quantities not being visible in product details. I'm sick and tired of receiving heaps of messages with customers asking "How much is this for the price?", "Do you have more?", "Is there only 1 available?", etc.

I think it's stupid as hell that the customer has to add the product to the cart, then go to the cart to choose the quantity they need only to find out that there are not so many available as customer needs... It goies against any shopping website design basics  - making shoppers do more clicks than necessary to make a purchase

I know that products under $20 have available quantity drop down menu. But a lot of my fabrics cost more than $20.

I have made variations for part of my stock where customer has to select "Sample" for $1 or "Meters/Yards" for full price. Then the quantity is available in drop down menu when choosing one of the options.

But there are 2 problems IMO:

1) The price in Etsy search and in shop view is kind of misleading as it is showing the lowest price. I have a lot of clicks on more expensive fabrics just because people thought the price is $1

2) It complicates customers purchasing process. As we know too good - people DON'T read. I have rather a lot of orders where customer purchases 2, 3, 10, whatever quantity of "Sample" option of the same fabric just because they thought they are buying fabric, not samples.

Ofcourse I could just send them all those samples and keep the money, but I'm not sure it would be a good practice... :)) So it leads to a lot of cancelled orders which definitely doesn't bring my standings up in Etsy eyes...

I'm sure I'm not the only one having this problem but I didn't find anything about that in forums.

So the question is - is there an option for us to collect "signatures" to bring this issue up?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
3 Replies

Re: Product quantity visibility

@LaceToLove   If there is, I'd sign it.  This set-up is ridiculous, for all the reasons you specified.  I can't think of any good reason to confuse and frustrate Buyers and Sellers.

* If you get X amount of messages asking about this - how many are just passing by, when they don't see the quantity they need?

1 Like

This! I know from myself - if I want to buy anything and something is unclear, I'll maybe contact the seller. Or maybe not. And anyway - I'll keep looking for the product I need while I wait for a reply. And more often than not I'll find and buy it elsewhere before I get a reply. 

I try to answer all messages asap but I have to sleep sometimes.

0 Likes

It is ridiculous!  I don't know  of any other platform that won't show all available inventory.  I think Etsy might be trying to make people panic buy if they think it is the last one.  I am sure it will backfire as word will get around that most things on Etsy are on the verge of being out of stock!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.