NietoPrints
Inspiration Seeker

Messages have been disabled… Cannot respond to people who purchase my it

I started my shop in January. I have 100 listings and 20 sales. Eight days ago. I had two people reach out and ask questions about a listing. I was unable to respond because I got an error message saying “ bummer your messages have been disabled. Please contact Support”

It’s very difficult as a newbie to even find out how to file support ticket!

i filed a support ticket eight days ago… every two days I go back to the Support ticket and ask for help.

I just had two more sales today and both clients reached out to me with questions. I cannot respond.

I have read that Etsy punishes you for sending outgoing emails - is that true?

Note: about two weeks ago I sent an outgoing email to a client who purchased an item. I sent her a link with instructions. She did not initiate the conversation. Am I being punished for this? I can’t get help - Etsy didn’t say why I’m disabled—and now I have two clients wondering why I’m not answering them

I am extremely frustrated… As you can imagine!

if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Are so 
literally Thank you for your help

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Re: Messages have been disabled… Cannot respond to people who purchase my it

You cannot  "Cold Call"  potential buyers on Etsy.  You can only contact buyers within the context of a current order from that buyer, or if they initiate contact to ask a question.  

If you have been muted for violating messaging policy you will have to wait for Etsy to reinstate your privileges, this can take a couple of weeks or more.

If you have orders and need to contact the buyers for information about the order, you can use their email (click the arrow beside their name on the order summary).

1 Like

The bigger question may be, why do so many of your buyers have questions? Are you not giving enough information in the listings? Is there an infogram that you can make and start including with your listing download files that answers these questions?

I don't have an answer on how to get support to help restore your messages, but in the meantime, anyone that's an actual customer will show their direct email in the sale information, so you can send them an email with answers to their questions. 

2 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@audreytherese 

My thoughts exactly.  I get the occasional, I can't download my file because they are trying to use the app, but I've only had 1 or 2 legitimate questions in 8 years.

1 Like

I would add the size, it just gives pixels, for many people, that doesn't mean anything

that might cut the messages down by a lot

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.