Message response rate incorrect.

Jump to solution

My mrr is based on 3 interactions when there have been many more, all of which were responded to quickly.

One of the ones that it is based on (and showing no response) is a message I responded to right away, but somehow it showed up on a different thread (???) so I didn't get credit for it.  I would appreciate it if this was fixed.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Message response rate incorrect.

Jump to solution

@TheMycelialNetwork: Just so you are aware, even if Etsy Support or the Help Pages sent you here this is a seller peer to peer forum, and should not be considered a way to contact Etsy, if that is your hope (although Etsy does sometimes read and reply to posts).

"My mrr is based on 3 interactions when there have been many more" Keep in mind that the Star Seller metric is NOT all new messages but only the first message of all new incoming threads.

Almost everyone on this forum can sympathize with you but as it says right on your Star Seller page, you need to reply to the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING THREAD within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such.

"but somehow it showed up on a different thread (???)" Did the person send you the message as a Help Request? Help Requests always start a new thread because they also start the clock ticking on a potential claim. Etsy is now putting a blue text warning / advisory (blue banner on desktop, and a blue dot on mobile) on those messages they consider to be a "new message" but should semantically be called a "new thread".

"I would appreciate it if this was fixed." Unfortunately Etsy has made it clear that they will not manually adjust Star Seller stats. If there is an error in the underlying data you will need to contact customer service to have it corrected and then the Star Seller stats will auto update.

View solution in original post

1 Like
2 Replies

Jump to solution

@TheMycelialNetwork: Just so you are aware, even if Etsy Support or the Help Pages sent you here this is a seller peer to peer forum, and should not be considered a way to contact Etsy, if that is your hope (although Etsy does sometimes read and reply to posts).

"My mrr is based on 3 interactions when there have been many more" Keep in mind that the Star Seller metric is NOT all new messages but only the first message of all new incoming threads.

Almost everyone on this forum can sympathize with you but as it says right on your Star Seller page, you need to reply to the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING THREAD within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such.

"but somehow it showed up on a different thread (???)" Did the person send you the message as a Help Request? Help Requests always start a new thread because they also start the clock ticking on a potential claim. Etsy is now putting a blue text warning / advisory (blue banner on desktop, and a blue dot on mobile) on those messages they consider to be a "new message" but should semantically be called a "new thread".

"I would appreciate it if this was fixed." Unfortunately Etsy has made it clear that they will not manually adjust Star Seller stats. If there is an error in the underlying data you will need to contact customer service to have it corrected and then the Star Seller stats will auto update.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I’m not sure when you made your first sale, but you’re not even eligible for star seller until 90 days after that first sale. And don’t forget, you also need to reach the $300 minimum.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.