TreasurArts
Inspiration Seeker

Message from buyer in 2 different inboxes

Jump to solution

A message from a buyer showed in 2 different inboxes.  I answered right away but only in one inbox, not both. This resulted in my reply score being 88% as I only replied in one not both inboxes. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Message from buyer in 2 different inboxes

Jump to solution

@TreasurArts: "A message from a buyer showed in 2 different inboxes." Do you mean that you received two separate threads from the same account? If the customer contacted you via a Help Request that always starts a new thread and requires a reply. As it says right on your Star Seller page, you need to reply to the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING THREAD within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such.

View solution in original post

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@TreasurArts @AllsFairyVintage @BlueAppleEyes @junkbay 

It sounds like you are getting a message on the order and one in Etsy messages also.  Answering the one on the order does not count for Star Seller but the one in Etsy messages with the blue banner does.

In other words, answering the one on the order is optional (I would still do it) but the one in Etsy messages is mandatory.

Sadly, it takes 19 replied to messages to offset that 1 not answered, so it's important to know which is which.

1 Like

Jump to solution

It is not an etsy error,

normal messages are in 1 thread

If they open a "help request" , then that is deliberately in a new thread, that one starts the 48 hour window for a case to be opened, if you don't reply to it, and a case is opened, etsy will automatically refund the customer from your account.

They are very important messages, and have to be replied to.

Just do as etsy says, and reply to each new message thread, which they highlight in BLUE, so you can't miss them.

1 Like
13 Replies

Jump to solution

@TreasurArts: "A message from a buyer showed in 2 different inboxes." Do you mean that you received two separate threads from the same account? If the customer contacted you via a Help Request that always starts a new thread and requires a reply. As it says right on your Star Seller page, you need to reply to the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING THREAD within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such.

2 Likes
TreasurArts
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Good to know! Thank you

0 Likes
AllsFairyVintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

That’s exactly how I lost my star seller last month. A buyer messaged me and while I was responding, she sent another message starting a new thread, which I never saw. It didn’t pop up, didn’t get an email notification, didn’t see it in the messages feed. Didn’t see it for a day and a half, responded right away even though I had already answered the question and she was all set, and there went my star seller. Nothing you can do about it but wait for the score to come back up. I’m actually kind of obsessive about answering my messages, all messages, for this very reason, and even so one got by me. Ah well.

4 Likes
TreasurArts
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Frustrating to say the least. But learning, will not make this mistake again.

0 Likes
BlueAppleEyes
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yes, I came here to say this. The same thing just happened to me. I replied to my customer but I didn't realize there were two separate threads. She initiated two different messages to me, asking the same question. My rating dropped from 100% into the 80s. This issue should be fixed by Etsy as much as they want us sellers to strive for Star Seller status. If this sort of problem can't be resolved, I certainly won't be motivated to work for the badges.

2 Likes
junkbay
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

The same thing happened to me. Etsy needs to fix this, as it is clearly an ETSY error. If you answer the first message right away, they can email you 2 months later and it does not need to be responded to as a separate email, I know I have had this happen many times.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@TreasurArts @AllsFairyVintage @BlueAppleEyes @junkbay 

It sounds like you are getting a message on the order and one in Etsy messages also.  Answering the one on the order does not count for Star Seller but the one in Etsy messages with the blue banner does.

In other words, answering the one on the order is optional (I would still do it) but the one in Etsy messages is mandatory.

Sadly, it takes 19 replied to messages to offset that 1 not answered, so it's important to know which is which.

1 Like
TreasurArts
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I did not know this, thank you for explaining  

0 Likes
TreasurArts
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thank you for the info! Still learning things on this site..work in progress

0 Likes
TreasurArts
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thank you..discouraging..19??!! Wow..well there goes my badge..a learning lesson..

0 Likes
junkbay
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Hello; That is not the case, the messages were inbox messages. ETSY failed to separate them, as they do every other message thread Again, I know how it works and this one was a ETSY error, and from what I have witnessed I am not the only one this has happened to

1 Like

Jump to solution

It is not an etsy error,

normal messages are in 1 thread

If they open a "help request" , then that is deliberately in a new thread, that one starts the 48 hour window for a case to be opened, if you don't reply to it, and a case is opened, etsy will automatically refund the customer from your account.

They are very important messages, and have to be replied to.

Just do as etsy says, and reply to each new message thread, which they highlight in BLUE, so you can't miss them.

1 Like
AcmeRainbows
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

yep, ridiculous...happened to me about two months ago. 

But you know what?  It had no impact on my sales.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.