NocturneClay
Inspiration Seeker

Message Response rate went from 100% to 80%

Hello, I’m here to try and get an issue addressed.  Etsy had sent a message to spam, which appeared to be a legitimate question from a customer. I of course, didn’t see it because it was in the spam folder. Once I did notice it, I responded to the customer and apologized for the late response because it had been sent to the spam folder. My message response rate then dropped from 100% to 80% over one message that wasn’t my fault! When I tried to get this issue resolved by contacting support, I was told there was no way to adjust it.   So now, it would appear that I’m going to lose my star seller status over an issue I had no control over.  Does anyone have a solution or any experience with this? It super frustrating - if it isn’t resolved I’m considering leaving the platform. 
Thanks! 

Thanks 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
4 Replies

Re: Message Response rate went from 100% to 80%

This exact same thing has happened to me. I, too, lost my Star Seller status going from a 100% response rate to 85%. My messages were real too, but put into spam. All Etsy is saying is not to worry because spam messages won't affect my Star Seller status. They're saying this to me even as I'm telling them they have. It is super frustrating and unfair. We work hard to achieve and keep that badge. It's so crazy to lose it so easily over something we didn't do. I wrote about it on the Forum last week but no one has replied. I love Etsy in every way except for when there's a problem like this of their making that they seem unable to fix. So sorry you're facing this too. Let's hope Etsy resolves this really huge issue for its Star Sellers.

0 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

They're supposed to be working on this and correcting accounts affected. You could open a case about it. 

0 Likes

I opened a case about it a couple of weeks ago and they've done nothing except to tell me that spam messages won't affect my Star status, even though it has. It's been 2 weeks now and my badge hasn't been restored.

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

I "think" I read in the forums that the controversial fix for this issue was to (1) respond to the messages and then (2) place those messages BACK into the spam folder.  Try seeing if that fixes it, it might take a couple days to see any updates.  However, the problem with this fix means that the buyer would not be to send any further messages to you.  Sorry you got caught up in this dilemma ... here's hoping Etsy fixes it soon!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.