Message Response rate not updating

Jump to solution

Hi!

Is any one else having a problem with the message response rate for star seller not updating? I have replied immediately to messages in the last 4 days but my rate is not increasing. It was working until just a few days ago.

Thanks in advance!

Lori

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Message Response rate not updating

Jump to solution

"Messages sent on the last two days of the 3-month review period may be excluded from the current review period and counted towards the next period instead. This is to allow Sellers a full 24 hours to respond and not be penalized for messages received late on the final day of the review period."

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503-How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller-

View solution in original post

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@DesignSipz: Unfortunately, as it says right on your Star Seller page, you need to reply to the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING THREAD within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such.

If the unanswered new thread is not a Help Request, at least for the time being, it appears that marking an unanswered message as SPAM (even after the 24 hour deadline has passed) will cause your reply percentage to change in a day or two if the original message was within the current star seller period (but not retroactively). Note that subsequent messages from that account may go directly to the SPAM folder.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies

Jump to solution

"Messages sent on the last two days of the 3-month review period may be excluded from the current review period and counted towards the next period instead. This is to allow Sellers a full 24 hours to respond and not be penalized for messages received late on the final day of the review period."

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503-How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller-

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you! I get the last two days but this has been happening for 4 days. I appreciate you responding.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Mine hasn't updated correctly either over the last few days. 

I'm actually trying to tank my star seller by leaving messages longer than 24 hours, and they're not registering as such, I still show as 100% for the month.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DeviantDollDesigns   See ChristmasisLove answer above.  IT's the explanation.  Last two days of April do not count for May. 

0 Likes
DesignSipz
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm fairly new to etsy just started selling in December. Anyway I reply to my customers the same day or if I'm asleep the very next morning yet it's saying my message reposnse rate is 33% it hasn't changed at all since the reveiw period started.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DesignSipz: Have you looked at the applicable CSV file available on your Star Seller page to see which new threads Etsy thinks you did not answer within 24 hours? When you look at the file remember that that the dates / times are in UTC (not your time zone), only the first message of a new incoming thread is included (all that counts for Star Seller), and usually a new incoming thread is not included until after the 24 hour reply window has passed regardless of when you replied. Keep in mind that the Star Seller metric is NOT all new messages but only the first message of all new incoming threads.

0 Likes
DesignSipz
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks I just didn't realize I had to message people I buy from too.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DesignSipz: Unfortunately, as it says right on your Star Seller page, you need to reply to the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING THREAD within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such.

If the unanswered new thread is not a Help Request, at least for the time being, it appears that marking an unanswered message as SPAM (even after the 24 hour deadline has passed) will cause your reply percentage to change in a day or two if the original message was within the current star seller period (but not retroactively). Note that subsequent messages from that account may go directly to the SPAM folder.

0 Likes
DesignSipz
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks no that i know all of this I will be more mindful in the future 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.