Many errors and social media not working nor is anything being fixed properly

Jump to solution

Many errors and social media not working nor is anything being fixed properly !

1) Shop Banner not fixed on Etsy Plus. This happened in March when I went to change it. Since no fix. 

2) Etsy Seller's App not sharing to Facebook groups, profile, pages. 

It only allows you to share to FB Story. When I deleted and updated the app it says that they updated it a few days ago to fix bugs. Well guess again it created bugs. 

3) What the heck Etsy it is time to explain. Do you have IT persons or not? 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Many errors and social media not working nor is anything being fixed properly

Jump to solution

@LunaEssence   It could be the browser you are using.  Some browsers do not work well with Etsy and VPN is also hit and miss.  So the problem may also be on your end.

I believe you asked about Etsy banner in another thread.  Did nothing there help?  

View solution in original post

1 Like

Re: Many errors and social media not working nor is anything being fixed properly

Jump to solution

@LunaEssence "how does one see shop without an app?" Just don't install the app on your phone, and use the browser there. That's what I do, although I like to see things on desktop to make sure I don't make any mistakes, so most work I do is on desktop.

Even the mobile browser version of Etsy shows you less info than the desktop version on mobile, so you may be missing out if you only look at your shop's backend on mobile. 

View solution in original post

2 Likes
25 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

It's best to use a browser and not the glitchy Etsy app.

9 Likes

Jump to solution

I am also having many technical issues that I wish Etsy would fix.

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Sorry but, judging from Etsy's past performance, I sincerely doubt the Etsy app will ever work properly.

13 Likes
BluKatDesign
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Etsy barely works on my Safari browser!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I never have had an issue with the Etsy Seller app from my phone before now. So I guess I should consider myself lucky 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Welcome to Etsy, where concern about sellers is made up, and the bugs don't matter!

It's possible they aren't fixing Etsy Plus issues because they are planning on introducing more subscription tiers - they have surveyed sellers about that. If the bug is part of a new subscription plan, they may fix it then. 

I agree that I would never trust something as important as my business to the Etsy app. There are so many more options on desktop, plus they spy on you less. 

Etsy has been telling my buyers that I don't reply to Messages "for a few days" for over 3 years now.  I always reply within a few hours - often immediately - unless it is overnight. They display this notification to buyers because there was a bug with spam messages several years ago, and they are counting them as not replied to 3+ years later. They will not fix that, despite it obviously impacting who will buy from me, and despite me having Star Seller and the Messages badge as long as it has been available. No one at Etsy cares if a shop is negatively impacted by bugs, as long as buyers are still spending money somewhere on the site. 

13 Likes

Jump to solution

I’m obviously very dumb but how does one see shop without an app? There’s two, so just use a browser and type your shop address in?? I am confused. Use only a computer? Avoid your phone app? How the heck else can I get to my shop and its listings??? I’m the only one making the sales so I need this information to survive. 

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@LunaEssence  Get off your phone and use the Etsy website, that is how Etsy started before apps became the "latest thing".  It has been around longer than the app, and is more functional and easier to use.  You can not only see your shop and listings, you can modify them, and see all your sales as they happen, and keep track of your orders more easily.  

Etsy's apps are far from perfect, they are really only designed to keep on top of messages etc when you are on the go.  For everyday running of your shop and order management, you are much better off using the website on a laptop or PC.

You WILL miss things on the app, because it is not designed to cover all tasks.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

My shop has never connected properly to meta. It’s hit and miss all of the time. That’s why the apps saved my shop. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

15 years and still having issues from my shop to facebook on the computer. So the apps helped me out often but I always flip back and forth when theres an issue. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LunaEssence "how does one see shop without an app?" Just don't install the app on your phone, and use the browser there. That's what I do, although I like to see things on desktop to make sure I don't make any mistakes, so most work I do is on desktop.

Even the mobile browser version of Etsy shows you less info than the desktop version on mobile, so you may be missing out if you only look at your shop's backend on mobile. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Often when an Etsy rep chimes in on threads here, there is often the mention of "how Etsy prioritizes problems based on the numbers affected here on the marketplace", or something to that affect.

It doesn't make any difference what the issue is. It's anyone's best guess as to what the percentage of shop owners affected would need to rise to before any problem is handled. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I have never had consistent connections from my shop to Facebook since 2008

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I don’t use the app for anything other than getting notifications. I even post to Instagram through my browser on my laptop. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I use a laptop also. I never noticed any differences. So this boogles my brain. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

For over 15 years I have had issues connecting to facebook from my shop. So when the apps came out I used them as they for the most part worked. I always flip back and forth to what is working or isn't working. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LunaEssence   It could be the browser you are using.  Some browsers do not work well with Etsy and VPN is also hit and miss.  So the problem may also be on your end.

I believe you asked about Etsy banner in another thread.  Did nothing there help?  

1 Like

Jump to solution

I never use the Etsy App for any business needs because it's always had issues.  I do use it as an alarm for sales and messages. And I check what my shop looks like online with it when I've made changes.  It's handy for these things.  If it's a possibility, it may be best to use a computer rather than a phone for making edits.  See if that works?

It can be more helpful to load a social media page directly from your device rather than Etsy.  These are direct links even if Etsy's clickable information is included rather than Etsy links. Sellers have been reporting problems with social media posting through Etsy for a while.  Because of this it's evident that it is not a priority for Etsy.  

Regarding the banner problem, I'm sorry you are dealing with this.  I'm not sure if this helps but I had a similar issue last year.  I updated my browser, did a cleaning on my computer and changed the pxl size of my banner size to 3360 x 840.  This combination worked for me.  But this was because the problem ended up being on my side.  If the issue is on Etsy's side of things it won't help. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

That could just be the problem. I don’t like the laptop I am using and miss my computer terribly. I did try all of that but you’re correct as I did hear that they changed something about pictures sizes. So that is a possibility. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

To All of the spammers and hackers that have been wasting their time messaging me here on Etsy enjoy your time in spammers blocked mode lol this is a great way to weed you idiots out! 

1 Like

Jump to solution

If your banner isn't the correct size, that could cause problems. I don't have "Etsy Plus," but the last time I changed my shop banner (a few months ago), I believe the pixel size was still given at the point where I uploaded my new banner. If it's not there, Google for Etsy Help image sizes (or something similar). 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

The app is super glitchy and for me it is not practical.

For example, I have never been able to create a custom listing from the app. A headache.

99.9% of the time I manage my shops from my notebook.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Good morning my dear darling Etsians ! I want to thank you All for your support and let you know that the Etsy Sellers App is now repaired!!! And working fabulously ! Yay I am much happier! 
This morning I deleted the Etsy Sellers App  , updated the original Etsy app, then reinstalled the Etsy Seller app and it worked! So they did it ! 
Thank you All and please make many Happy Sales! May the Sales fairy be with you All! Like we said in the good ole days of Etsy forums. When people were kinder XO 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2 I always use both. The app was repaired. The banner wasnt so I guess that they are changing it . Ok all better now lol thanks

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.