Rybnik
Inspiration Seeker

Lost statistics due to currency change in the shop

Jump to solution

When changing the currency, the statistics of the star seller disappeared, despite the fact that in 5 days he had to receive it. Those support only throws up their hands. Please give me back my stats

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lost statistics due to currency change in the shop

Jump to solution

Hello @Rybnik,

As of the moment, if a seller changes their shop currency mid-calculation-period, the orders and sales numbers will be reset and they will need to build up their orders and sales minimums again. This is because, the Sales and On-Time shipping requirements are based on the currency of the shop. 

But please be assured that we will take this as a feedback and we will share it with the team to consider for a future update. Kindly know that we take comments from the community to heart, and we make many changes to the site based on what we hear.

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies

Jump to solution

You will notice that all your statistics will be separated into each currency so I don't think it is possible to combine them.  Why did you change your currency?  You should always list in your own currency and then Etsy will automatically show buyers the prices in their own currency.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

When I first opened my other shop it was linked to a UK account but I listed in euros as I am in France.  However, I realised this was silly as the conversion was costing me so I changed the currency to my bank account currency.  I lost over a years worth of stats and was unable to compare to previous year figures on the Etsy stats.  Luckily I had my own stats to use.  I think that this must be common practise when the currency changes.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hello @Rybnik,

As of the moment, if a seller changes their shop currency mid-calculation-period, the orders and sales numbers will be reset and they will need to build up their orders and sales minimums again. This is because, the Sales and On-Time shipping requirements are based on the currency of the shop. 

But please be assured that we will take this as a feedback and we will share it with the team to consider for a future update. Kindly know that we take comments from the community to heart, and we make many changes to the site based on what we hear.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I've had the same issue. I've lost my all-time revenue in my dashboard in the Seller App since switching from AUD to USD.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I am experiencing a terrible problem with my shop. By mistake, I changed my currency from USD to Indonesian rupiah. I got a notification email from etsy about it and immediately changed the currency back to USD. That was 4 days ago. Since that time, all my prices up as crazily inflated. For example, silver beads are selling for over $4000, and most bracelets are $50,000+. I've reported this to Etsy twice but so far nothing has been done. I was advised that there is no timeframe for this issue and to put my shop in holiday mode until the problem is fixed. I've had zero sales since these changes began, and I've actually been paying for Etsy ads all the while. I've just paused the ads now.  Ten years I've been on Etsy, good years too, but I've always cringed when people have told me that my shop could be cancelled, blocked or suspended without warning for any reason whatever, and so don't put all your eggs in the Etsy basket. And now it's happened to me.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

But you haven't been cancelled, blocked or suspended.

You made a mistake and switched your currency. 

Now there is a glitch in the system from when you switched it back. 

Have you tried manually changing some of the prices to see if that fixes it? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks Audrey. It makes no difference if I change the prices. They just switch back again. What I missed from my original mesage is that customers cannot make a purchase of any item. They receive a pop up message that there is "a currency conversion issue." So I can't get any sales as long as this glitch is ongoing. It's not really a mistake to change currency - this would have occurred if I had done so deliberately. I think the responsibility for the algorithm and connected glitches belongs to Etsy. I can report it. What else can I do?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Also I can't make any edits to listings. I can't make new listings - the system just comes back with "There is an error, Try again." I'm just griitin gmy teeth hanging on for Etsy support quite frankly. Whatever is going on to my shop - I hope no one else ever experiences this.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

No, switching your currency wasn't the mistake, the mistake was switching it, then switching it again. It seems like that's when the issue occurred? Is there anything in the handbook about the amount of times you can switch your currency? I would think there would be a limit, to keep people from using that function to find loopholes for currency conversions or something. Otherwise I could see people switching it constantly to take advantage of swings in exchange rates. 

I agree that it would be great if Etsy could get back to you and find a resolution, and I am sorry to hear they have yet to be helpful. I still just wouldn't consider that your shop was cancelled, blocked or suspended for no reason. Yes, there is a glitch in the system and people can't order from you, but it's not like they shut you down randomly, it really just seems to be a glitch that occurred after a change was made. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy messaged me to confirm the initial currency conversion that stated I had 14 days to switch back to USD. So I switched back the same day.  So as far as I know, I did the correct thing. I've contacted Etsy support 4 times over this issue, but all they can tell me is that a "team" will investigate. Meanwhile customers are writing me to sympathize abou the high prices on the listings,and some complain that the checkout doesn't work. Some write to me off Etsy to purchase. Fortunately, I still have loyal customers and I'm grateful for that.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.