GreenmanArt
Inspiration Seeker

Listings are currently suspended

Hello everyone, please I need help, I recently received a message from Etsy team telling me that my listings are currently suspended because I have to send a seller verification for my shop to come back to be active. I currently have no way to communicate with Etsy nor does it allow me to reply to this message received. Someone has been the same? Does anybody know how I can fix it? I don't know what information they need or how to communicate with them. Any information you can send me will be very appreciated. Thank you

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Listings are currently suspended

It's a scam - don't respond.  Your shop is not suspended. Send the message to spam

1 Like
ReginaldSpleen
Conversation Maker

You are open to scammers because you have IP infringing items in your shop. If you have a licence from the owners of The Dark Crystal, do mention this in the listing. 

Your creations are great, but need to be legal. Otherwise you may sell it and then be forced to refund without receiving your item back!

4 Likes

It's a SCAM!!! Read the forums and familiarize yourself with common scams.

You can't respond to that message because etsy already identified it as a scam and deleted the account.

1 Like
GreenmanArt
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks for your reply. My items may be inspired by movie characters but at all times I indicate that it is inspired and not original, I do not include in the item that it is certified original, I indicate in the description that it is inspired. It is a handmade creation, there are hundreds of similar items and stores on Etsy, I don't understand why they suspend my account without explaining the reason. Thank you for your comment and your time.

0 Likes

@GreenmanArt   Inspired does not protect.  Don't trust what you see on Etsy.  They can just as easily face copyright and trademark for use of iconic figures.

It's better to let the buyer associate the artwork with a movie. 

They didn't suspend.  If there was an issue, you would receive an email asking for ID or tax information.  Also you will see a red banner in certain areas.  Etsy does not send messages of suspension. 

0 Likes
ReginaldSpleen
Conversation Maker

You are skilled enough to produce items that sell without infringing. That is quite rare. 

0 Likes

@GreenmanArt: "... it is inspired and not original ..." You can create "inspired by" and other fan art for personal use, but the moment you sell it you are in murky territory. Most intellectual property owners will consider it infringement, theft, and / or counterfeiting.

The fact that there are other shops selling similar items only means that they have not been caught yet, or those listings may not contain the same trigger that snared you. Additionally, we will not know how many other listings were deactivated using the same trigger - only those that appear to not have been. The bots seem to check when a listing is created, renewed and / or edited.

0 Likes

"Inspired by", while using the characters likeness and names is still infringing. The hundreds more most likely have not been caught yet. 

4 Likes
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

@GreenmanArt 

Your account is NOT suspended
It is open and your items can be added to cart and therefore purchased.

The message you received about being suspended and needing to verify your account was from a SCAMMER

BUT even things you make yourself that are "inspired by" a movie, video game etc etc is infringing on trademark / copyright and therefore illegal so you need to remove them and create something totally from your own imagination

4 Likes
BluKatDesign
Conversation Maker

It is a scam but you could really be shut down for your infringements!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.