Listing item hell!

Not that they'll take any notice but....Etsy asked for feedback so I've given it! My shop had been inactive for a while as I honestly couldn't face the sheer ordeal of spending hours trying to post any more listings. Does anyone else find the process cumbersome and difficult? Honestly, the usability of this site reminds me of trying to do stuff online in 1999.

"Trying to list even one item is a nightmare and literally takes hours. An invitation to save the draft pops up, but it is impossible to do so until the listing is completed, which defeats the whole objective! Adding photos involves yet another long drawn-out process, whereby it's necessary to keep going back into the device file to add each photo separately instead of just ticking them all off in one go and adding them simultaneously. Trying to list items on a mobile phone is even more problematic, and just has you going round in circles. The 'save draft/publish' popup covers virtually the entire screen so the listing can't be accessed, and as the listing cannot be completed, the draft cannot be saved or published and the pop up cannot be dismissed! Etsy PLEASE sort this - it's totally unacceptable web design for 2024!"

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
11 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Listing item hell!

I always use the duplicate feature and then edit the new version. I only use my desktop to list. I find the process very easy and pretty quick.

1 Like

Ah, that may be the answer but I don't have a desktop. But really it should work seamlessly on all devices.

0 Likes

Are you using the "new listing format"? Switch back to the old one. It's much easier.

I don't encounter any of the problems you have named.

The only problem IMO (which you detailed) is not being able to save as a draft unless everything is filled in. I've gotten used to just using a basic title, xxxxxx as the description, and filling out price/quantity/shipping info. Everything else I do later.

6 Likes

I get problems with both old and new. The whole listing process is clunky and problematic for me, Esp compared with eBay's smooth and seamless process. I like the xxxx though and will try that. 

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

OLD listing form ... much easier to use and much faster!

NEW listing form ... sucks, don't use it!

6 Likes

duplicate post

0 Likes

Personally I find Etsy the easiest and most streamlined place to list. Shopify is clunky and buggy and don’t even talk to me about Amazon, it makes me want to pull my hair out! I use the duplicate feature a lot as I have lots of similar listings and I like that things update pretty much instantly. 

1 Like

I also duplicate listings if it is similar. Just change out the photos, tags, title to fit. So much easier.

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

I've only used the old listing form (when the new one popped up, I switched back every time). I do use a desktop computer, Chrome; and have found the listing process to be fairly simple (again, only with the old form).

1 Like

The original listing form was 4 pages long, there was no way to go back if you forgot something and you couldn't save drafts.  It was a real pain but easy to use as long as you didn't forget anything.  The new form is even worse than that was.  I stick to the old form until I can't anymore.

1 Like

I use a combination of the app and my desktop to list.  The new app is awful and takes way longer to list than it used to.  I can usually tick off 3 photos at a time to upload - if I try to do more than that it will time out.  Sometimes it still cannot accept the photos.  Also very tedious to change the orientation and reorder them on the app.  Much more time consuming than the old one....  The new listing form is also inferior to the old one and still has features that don't work more than 6 months or however long it has been since it rolled out.  

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.