Listing Photos Glitch 3 Weeks and Counting

I’m sure others have noticed this glitch with listing photos in shop (and on google ads) displaying as half blacked out and the other half in a “green night vision” looking way. I’ve searched the forums and can’t find any threads that mention this. It has happened in the past and Etsy fixed the glitch fairly quickly. Anyone else experiencing this. Thought this would have been resolved by now.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
7 Likes
29 Replies

Re: Listing Photos Glitch 3 Weeks and Counting

I had blacked out first photos in my shop today. The complete picture is blacked out -- this was under listings. When I went to view the items in my shop the first listing was also blacked out. I should say the thumbnails -- when I open up the listing, the picture is there. Very frustrating!

4 Likes

I am seeing the same problem with two listings in my shop. I hope a tech comes along to advise...

3 Likes

@Sparklesalot2

I clicked through all the pages in your shop, and I saw the picture blacked out on one listing- the Long Tassel Dangle Earrings with Tassels Gray and Brown.

As you said, when looking at the listing, the pictures show with no issues.

0 Likes

I am having the same issue as well on the draft thumbnail pics and on the order page. When I go to print out an order (packing slip) there are random black boxes where the photo of the item should be. If I close out of it and try again the black boxes show up in different spots. It takes about 3-4 tries of doing this before all photos show up on the packing slip and it is ready to print. I cannot get the thumbnail pics on my drafts to show up no matter what I do. I am afraid to publish one just in case it shows up as a black box on the homepage.

1 Like

I noticed this as well today with my draft listings. I moved the pictures around and chose another picture as a thumbnail and that seemed to work.  This will be my workaround for now until it gets fixed. 

2 Likes

Thank you! I will try that!

ETA: That worked great!! Thanks again!

0 Likes

I'm seeing glitchy pics today too. Hope it gets fixed soon!

1 Like

I got the black box for my first pic today too. I published hoping it would clear..nope! Went back and edited the first photo and then it corrected. WTH? I have never seen that happen before. I had edited the thumbnail originally so I am assuming some sort of thumbnail editing glitch.

2 Likes
mylaseredgoods
Inspiration Seeker

I am having the blacked out problem too, also some are just showing up blank.

Happening since yesterday.

1 Like

I've seen the blacked out pics in other shops, but haven't seen it in my shop specifically.

Today, though, I noticed some blacked out pics when looking at my stats.

So many glitches on this site, plus bad press.

I hope things turn around in a more positive direction, with glitches getting fixed, and perhaps some good press for a change.

2 Likes
Aidille
Crafty Poster

Started noticing it in my shop today, too! 

1 Like

Earlier today I had black boxes on computer and on the app. Tonight I have white boxes, a white box with a black bar on one side, and 1 exploded image. Most of my shop items are showing normally, it's just a few listings thankfully... (This is looking at my shop using Chrome on my computer)

0 Likes

I see the white box with a black bar on the one side for one of your listings.

I am using FF for my browser on my computer.

0 Likes
PlayInVelvet
Inspiration Seeker

Here to add that I'm also experiencing this and it has been about a week. At first I thought it was my connection. It's frustrating for sure, and amazing that they have not fixed this issue for weeks. 

1 Like
GoodInkGifts
Inspiration Seeker

Same here! Black/White/Blurred boxes over my images and when trying to edit thumbnails, the image zooms all the way in or out and takes a few tries to fix. Thought it was a specific product/image issue but it jumps from image to image at random times. Messaged Etsy and no response so far. Not sure what's happening but this on top of low sales/traffic/increased competition/promoting same top sellers/bad Etsy press, it's frustrating and makes one begin to rethink options.

2 Likes

It got much worse today and I reached out to Etsy seller support via chat today and sent screenshots. They said they would have their team investigate the issue and get back to me via email soon.

2 Likes
GoodInkGifts
Inspiration Seeker

Hopefully they get on top of it soon

0 Likes

Any word on a fix? This is happening to me too!

0 Likes

No word yet. I contacted Etsy support last week and they said they would investigate the issue and respond to me via email. Interesting enough, I just discovered the same glitch on product photos on another website (a big name craft retailer) where the photos are displaying as half blacked out and the other half in a “green night vision” looking way.

0 Likes

This is getting more than a little frustrating - I've been playing 'wack-a-mole' re-adjusting thumbnails on a daily basis, as randomly (or during process of listing) they either turn black, blown-up and blurry, white, gold foil....... People have posted that when they go to people's pages, all looks fine, but I have gone to other shops and have found several blacked out listing photos. This has definitely got to be affecting the sales of everyone!

0 Likes

Etsy support emailed me yesterday saying the issue has been resolved but it has not been resolved. Today even more of my listing photos are being affected.

1 Like

You are not alone.  I'm still showing blanks and zoomed in images on my listings page.

0 Likes

Lates response I received from Etsy support team:

Our team is currently looking into this and requesting that you please send over an HAR file to aid in our investigation.”

Have no idea what an HAR file is. 

0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

@MulherinLane I do see a thread pinned at the top acknowledging this issue with a suggestion and stating they launched a fix:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/INVESTIGATING-Black-squares-appearing-for-listing-pho...

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.