CraftyDesignHub
Inspiration Seeker

Listing IP issue and star seller issue

I got this message ''Your badges were removed because you received a final policy violation warning'' 
i was getting notification from few days that i am violating policy that acctually i was not doing etsy was delated my listing everytime and with in few hour i received email we checked and you are not violating any violation and etsy acctivated listing each time and right now my all listing is acctivated and i am getting sales but today they remove my star seller

i am very worried please help i talked with customer support they said we can not help

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
17 Replies

Re: Listing IP issue and star seller issue

Once they have removed your badges they will not longer talk to you about this issue. I can see from your shop that the issues remain so it would be best to clean them up before the next step, which is shop closure

4 Likes
CraftyDesignHub
Inspiration Seeker

what is the issue? i can not see any 
sorry i was just new and started my shop i told you etsy activated my listings with in few hours saying you are not violating our policcy

0 Likes

Any listing with a smiley face and swiftie will get your shop closed down

0 Likes

Smiley is trademarked, 

They also have copyright on over 3,000 images.

If it was one with a smiley face, including your avitar, or any picture, you have a big problem

remove the word smiley, and all smiley images from your products

If you have a final warning, the next one that is reported, you shop will be shut for good, and you will never be able to open another, so please fix it as soon as you can

3 Likes
CraftyDesignHub
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks let me do that

0 Likes
WantableDesigns
Conversation Maker

Looks like Taylor Swift has trademarked 'Swiftie' too so may want to look at that.

4 Likes

I'm not sure that Era isn't a problem too.

When I see the word Era I think of TS and I'm 88+ years old...LOL

Pretty sure Swiftie is a real problem.

2 Likes
GavanCo
Inspiration Seeker

i see alot people  have that problem

0 Likes

It looks like almost all of the listings have the smiley face in them. I would deactivate them until you get them fixed. With that many of them the company may do more than ask Etsy to remove them, or even more than just having your shop closed. 

1 Like
OwlAlwaysKnit
Conversation Maker

0 Likes
ReginaldSpleen
Conversation Maker

You have spelt "believe" incorrectly. "Belive in yourself" - boho svg

0 Likes
ReginaldSpleen
Conversation Maker

Your PawTree SVG's are on Redbubble, and many other shops. Have you designed these SVG's or are you 'collating' them from elsewhere, with or without permission, if you are not designing them you cannot sell them.

Many of your compilations are available elsewhere. Do a reverse image search. If these are your designs I would address it with the other sellers.

5 Likes

K

0 Likes

This from Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/the-ultimate-guide-to-intellectual/22398703823

Between the smiley face, taylor swift, mean girls, there could be problems. Then as mentioned, if you are simply creating a big bundle compiled from something here, or there, you could have problems with the companies/individuals that did create those "unknown name original works" too.

4 Likes

@CraftyDesignHub: Many of the items in your shop appear to be items that are not handmade bu YOU but which you are reselling.

Additionally, you need to include the licensing information for all of the trademarked and copyrighted names and images in your shop in the applicable listing, otherwise buyers (and Etsy) may conclude they are counterfeits. And a buyer could file a not as described case against you and both get their money back and keep the item. Including the licensing information will show that you are not selling those items illegally.

If you do not have proper licensing, Star Seller should be at the least of your worries. You should be much more concerned about the intellectual property owner showing up at your door with a court order to confiscate EVERYTHING that was used to create, manufacture, and / or market the infringing items.

Not to mention the legal fees and fines that you could be liable for.

3 Likes

@CraftyDesignHub   If you did not resolve the IP issue with the holder who needs to contact Etsy to let Etsy know of the results, then relisting is just adding to the issue.  Now Etsy has removed the badges and you may not be able to get them back.

Have you checked all the graphics for IP?  Trademark and copyright?  

0 Likes

Problematic IP infringing items:

- Mean Girls "inspired"

- "Boy Mom"

- "Boy Dad"

- "Crossfit"

- "Girl Scouts"

You appear to either be very uneducated or just not care about international trade law.

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/22398703823

https://www.etsy.com/ca/legal/prohibited#Q5

"Unauthorised replicas or copies of items, and patterns or designs enabling their creation, are prohibited on Etsy. We consider counterfeit or unauthorised goods to be items that imitate an authentic good, particularly by using a brand’s name, logo, or protected design without the brand owner’s consent."

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.