I just noticed that the listing descriptions are missing on each item page in my shop. I checked other shops and their listings are missing also.

Is an update happening or is this a glitch? Thanks for looking into it.

Betreff: Listing Descriptions Missing

Vintage is not perfect. I have some that are perfect, and some that are not. If all my buyers start thinking every cookie jar is perfect, I'm in trouble. They need the information they're not seeing.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

Re: Listing Descriptions Missing

All my descriptions are missing too = worst time of the selling year for this to happen - Needs fixing pronto.

0 Likes

@ElegantArtifacts: Your descriptions are NOT missing. Etsy tests are on the viewing account so you are in the test and what you see may be very different from what someone else sees. When we look at your listings they are "normal" to us because we are not in the test group. What we don't ever know is how many accounts are in the test.

0 Likes

Baloney. I just looked signed out, it's still changed.

2 Likes

@cookiejarbruce: Sometimes "guest" accounts are included in tests or it may be further determined by IP addresses. When we look at your shop we see the "normal" listing layout.

0 Likes

I just looked and for me they are still on the right side of the page, nothing has changed. 

0 Likes

@bohemians The text idea in a photo slot is great apart from the fact that most of the time I'm using 9 photos plus a video. Its really stupid that we should have to sacrifice an item close up just so that people can find our description. When I need all the photo space it's because I need it. main photo-close up-side-side-back-mark-any damage-item in scale being worn-video. There's 9.....

0 Likes

Well I'm already getting negative feedback due to this car crash of a change. "It's smaller than I thought it would be".....

Not a happy bunny! 

1 Like

I had the same question...Where are the descriptions?!

Thanks to your answers here, I now see them under the photos....Apart from being difficult to find, now there is a big empty space to the right of the item photo....Not cool concerning the timing, to make such experiments!!!

0 Likes

I realize they never admit when they're wrong, but they surely see the drop in sales. 

0 Likes

I just posted about something similar. When I am on my Firefox/Mac browser on two computers. I have the problem. There are no item details. I looked everywhere. It makes no sense. It's perfectly normal looking on my chrome browser, and what's really strange. It's everybody's listings. Not just mine. On the right hand side, you are unable to click on item details because there is nothing for item details there's just a big empty space. What is going on?

0 Likes

One conclusion I've come to is Etsy ads make no sense anymore. If someone clicks an ad, and a item comes up with no information, you just wasted your money. Now I assume they knew this ahead of time, so I assume everything they do is for phones. For sure, shopping on phones is bigger all the time, but most of my customers are older. I can see setting up for the future, but changing at holiday season ? Really ?

0 Likes

I am in this test and it is not helping sales at all.  I don’t know why they thing a buyer fighting to find details would make them more likely to purchase.  

and fiddling with stuff during the busy holiday shopping season is stupid.  

0 Likes

Is there a way to write to etsy any more? The live chat thingy is useful, but only operates daytime USA time and the people, whilst real and not chat bots, have the standard script, so aren't much use sadly. Not a slight on them, they have their job and that's totally cool. But we as sellers often give them the solutions and are trying to improve etsy but feels like it's falling on deaf ears. Whether it's this issue currently, postage label options here in the UK being basic, the stupid "your photos now need to be squares" thingy making years of effort redundant....do the etsy hierarchy actually read these forums are are we just shouting into the void?!

0 Likes

… do the etsy hierarchy actually read these forums are are we just shouting into the void?!

Yes, it seems we are. The Etsy bosses have lost sight about how to treat partners.

I had several sales in the 1st third of November. Since then: 0.

1 Like

I just spotted that the descriptions are back on the right-hand column where they are visible … and GOSH, mind you? I have two orders in my inbox tonight.

Should there still be hope after all?

1 Like

All is well with listings back into a page space that is easily found by customers. Thank you Etsy!

0 Likes

Thank goodness! Let's hope the etsy spies are listening and don't mess with it again

1 Like

And now I’m getting returns because customers didn’t see any descriptions when they purchased- wonderful. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.