I just noticed that the listing descriptions are missing on each item page in my shop. I checked other shops and their listings are missing also.

Is an update happening or is this a glitch? Thanks for looking into it.

bohemians
Community Maker

Re: Listing Descriptions Missing

It’s still under reviews on Safari (iPad)    : - (

Haven’t checked Chrome on the desktop

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

chrome..still under photo.   I have such a headache.  I thought I was totally losing my mind. 

3 Likes

This has been going on for months - mine has come and gone for months now and my numbers are lower than ever and I am running a sale - no one buys if they cant find a description of the item - 

3 Likes

Can't believe the listing descriptions have been removed by Etsy. 

Think of all the time you put into these and now they are gone. That's where a potential vintage customer finds

there's a scratch or a knick on an item. Guess they will be surprised when they get it. What a mess!

7 Likes
bettysworld4u
Conversation Maker

@ThisandThatCapeCod  Selling Vintage also, I had to put in a Text Description photo in each Listing. (Past & Copy). No fun, tedious and time consuming, Still have 150+ more to go. A little each day when I can. This happened 3 times to me, then it was back to the right, so I stopped. Now going to resume and complete them all, and when I list a new item immed. 

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for bringing this matter up. I thought there was something wrong with my computer . Now how are customers to know that there is a chip or scratch on item when the description is gone ? Do we need more returns and bad reviews ?  Thanks again , please Etsy resolve this matter asap . Carole at By carole of course

3 Likes

Here's something I noticed. If the information is no longer easy to see, why use Etsy ads ? If they click it and get no information, what's the point ? So, for me, this has caused me to stop using Etsy ads. Now if they end up with fewer sales and lower ad sales, how smart is this move ? Of course, programmers don't care.

4 Likes

So on Firefox it has not changed and the item details remain the same. On Safari there is a big empty white space where this information used to be and then the item description is under the photo with the arrow. It is sort of like hide and seek! I am already changing my photo sizes....no fun and now this. Please put time into the search engine. I remain amazed at what pops up when I am looking for a specific item to purchase.

4 Likes

@ ThisandThatCapeCod  I'm using Firefox 1.20 and the descriptions and shipping info are gone. If I scroll the page down, on the right hand side this huge annoying popup appears to encourage me to Buy it Now or Add to Cart, which is totally redundant since it pretty much mimics what info remains on the right hand side anyway.

0 Likes

I use Firefox and my descriptions are gone from where they used to be on the right hand side of the page.

1 Like

I am doing the same thing

0 Likes

I don't think we should use "cart" anymore, it is now "collection".  Looks like we are all in different tests. Why this is done at holidays is a challenge.

1 Like

Programmers rule. I need a new platform.

3 Likes

I am so angry about Etsy hiding our descriptions.  Mine are long and detailed so I don't think I could put them in place of a photo.   I put an announcement across the top of my page in capital letters telling buyers where they could find the description.  I also mentioned my free shipping offer since they can't see that anywhere without playing hide and seek.  Hopefully this will help the buyers. 

7 Likes

@VintageSnippets  Same-I've had to put this shop announcement up and HOPE someone actually sees it. PLEASE NOTE: Etsy has changed the way some listings display. If you cannot see my item description at first glance please look under the photographs for the section ITEM DETAILS.

2 Likes
bohemians
Community Maker

@QuirkyAntiquesStore Adding to your shop announcement is a great idea, but not that many buyers enter your shop through the main page.

I also like the idea the some have of adding a text graphic as one of the 10 listing images. Either with the important points of the description and/or where to find the full description.

0 Likes

I am seeing the exact same thing and now have customers messaging me for details when it’s all there, or should be! I haven’t got time at this time of year to be answering constant questions that I have already covered and I’m wondering how many sales are being lost because customers think there is absolutely no info.

4 Likes

@RachelGreencrafts You know-I got two enquiries about an Art Deco bracelet within a few days of each other, both asking what the length was, which I had listed in the item details sub section. I thought it was odd....now I know they couldn't find the description I bet....

1 Like

@RachelGreencrafts  I just got my first request for information because of the new set-up. Also I still have the old look on Firefox and others in the test have the new one. So very strange.

1 Like

Chat with etsy to get resolved. I did earlier. I can't find my post about it.

2 Likes

I do not see the change  - it is still under you photos -  at the bottom

0 Likes
bohemians
Community Maker

It must be browser or device dependent because I'm on my desktop with Chrome and the description is at the side, under the title.

0 Likes

@bohemians: Etsy tests are viewing account based (and sometimes refined by browser, etc) so there is no certainty that what you see is what others see.

0 Likes

What you see depends on if you are in the test or not. If you start seeing the description in a different place then you are in the test. I’m not in the test so the shops will all look normal to me. So how you see your shop isn’t how everyone sees it. 
Sometimes putting a big announcement about it will confuse a lot of people because the description hasn’t moved so why would you say it has. I would make sure to add that it might have moved because of Etsy testing. 

0 Likes

Betreff: Listing Descriptions Missing

It is a double mess, actually. First the description is hidden under the popup which no one really spots. When you open the popup then you see only a cropped description (!!) and you have to click on a second popup to read all !!!!  HOW STUPID CAN ONE BE ON THIS PLANET!!?

It is absolutely unbelievable.

Etsy, stop spitting in our faces.

Restore our descriptions back to visibility and FIRE those mindless i%&§s who produce all this mess.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.