Lack of help from Etsy Support

I have a problem of switching the business type from Incorporated business to be Individual. I am not able to change it and the system show me "We were unable to verify the business information you entered at onboarding......". I don't know if there is a glitch for changing it.

Now my shop is forced to be vacation mode. They need me to verify successfully so that the shop can be reopened.

I contact Etsy support and sent a email to them about my problems. A day after, I got a first email which is like a "canned email" and doesn't fix my problems so I replied it "this has not fixed my problem, I still need help." and explained my problems more details.

After two days, I received one of their colleagues reply. She said she see I have entered my personal name in the Business name dedicated field of the account and teach me how to change the business type.

However, I know how to change the type of the business. My problem is that I am not able to change it. No matter how many times I chose individual as type of seller and fill in the requirement information and save the change, the system don't allow me to change it. It always turn back to incorporated business type and showing the message unable to verify the business information after submit it.

I replied her and explained my problems again. Guess what? One day after, I just got an email from their another colleagues told me the almost exactly same contents. Again, she see me I entered my personal name in the business name and teach me how to change the business type... 

I don't want to see their third email reply me the same content again which can't resolve my problem. There is a loop...

I am wondering if they really look at my email content?

What should I do now?

Please help!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
17 Replies
BlackCatTheory
Conversation Maker

Re: Lack of help from Etsy Support

Very strange - even though your store shows open for business, I can't buy anything. All your items show unavailable.

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I just find that my shop is not vacation mode anymore but I still can't verify the business information and I don't know why my items are unavailable.

0 Likes

I think there is a glitch/bug when I change the business type.

0 Likes

UPDATE:

My shop is not vacation mode but all my items show unavailable. Switching the business type is still not available.

No other email from Etsy support.

Sad!

0 Likes

0 Likes

Yes, I have tried it and I even use another computer but doesn't work.

0 Likes

I have heard of people having this issue in the past. why did you wish to change it? The Issue comes in when sellers go to pay taxes you cant change back and forth between methods of selling easily. 

0 Likes

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your reply.

At first, I want to switch it from Individual to be Incorporated since I set up a partnership company. After submitted it, the system said they are not able to verify my business information. 

I read the forum and messaged different sellers who meet the same problem in the past for the possible reasons and found that the type of the partnership is not available in Etsy because Etsy doesn't have partnership as a choice. Therefore, they had to choose "sole proprietorship" as their business type eventually to fix the problem.

I am a seller located in Hong Kong so I don't have SSN, EIN , VAT ID or other taxpayer identification information can be uploaded and provided.

When I want to change it back to be Individual, the system doesn't allow me to change it. I also found that my bank account's name in Etsy was changed to be my partnership company name so I change it back to my personal name.

After changed my personal name for my bank account, the section of the name of legal entity in Incorporated business were automatically changed to my personal name as well. I think that's why Etsy support see I have entered a personal name (which I did not enter it) in the Business name dedicated field of the account.

All in all, I am not to switch the business type......

0 Likes

Maybe it would help to open a new thread in Technical Issues called something  like Bug: System won't let me change business type. If any tech staff monitor that forum, at least they'll see what the problem is at a glance, 

1 Like

Thank you for you suggestion!

I will try it later.

0 Likes
Jewels2at
Community Maker

Wait...Etsy has support...

we are paying higher fees for it...

They said so...

If they say it is true...isn't it?

2 Likes
Jewels2at
Community Maker

Wanted to add...it boggles the mind how many threads there are where sellers cannot get support. 

1 Like

UPDATE:

My items are available now after I turn on and then turn off the vacation mode.

However, all my pressed flower phone case are moved to page 55,56 when you search "pressed flower phone case" in the search.

May I know is it normal situation?

Still,  I am not able to change the type of the business.

0 Likes
URUHome
Post Crafter

Hi,
I have the same issue changing the type of business and same message like you have. Did you manage to resolve it after all.
Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
artemer
Inspiration Seeker

Hi! We are in the same situation... Forced vacation mode for two weeks now, due to "unable to verify the business information".
Can you tell us how did you managed to get your shop back?
Etsy support are not helping at all.

0 Likes
URUHome
Post Crafter

Hi Artemer,
I am in the same situation now. Did you managed to change it? If so can you please share the information. Etsy support is not  replying my emails.
Many thanks.

0 Likes

@URUHome 
This thread is over a year old, so the OP is unlikely still looking here for updates. You should start a new thread with your issue.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.