Just finished knitting a scarf in amber orange and put it online...deactivated by Etsy.

I forgot that the word "amber" is immediately triggering this type of situation....Do I have to report this somewhere or will Etsy reactivate the listing without me doing anything? And how long does it normally take in this case? Thank you !

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
45 Replies

Re: Just finished knitting a scarf in amber orange and put it online...deactivated by Etsy.

0 Likes

Re: Just finished knitting a scarf in amber orange and put it online...deactivated by Etsy.

Well, it seems it could take from a couple of days to never! (sorry about that!)

1 Like
Hertfordweaver
Conversation Maker

I don't know the answer to your question but I wonder if there is another way to describe that shade of orange.

1 Like
RiverCityJAC
Conversation Maker

Warm honey-orange.

0 Likes

Tea and oranges?

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

No buyer will even think to search for warm honey when they want amber. It is a specific colour. And I can just imagine the search results if they did search for warm honey. That buyer would be exhausted not finding what they are looking for.

Someone will be searching for an amber scarf and the OP's scarf will not be in that search result.

Use the colour names wisely and avoid associating the item with the issue for which is is prohibited.

2 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@LatitudeLaineShop  I would make a brand new listing without the word amber. It’s probably quicker than trying to get the old one reactivated 

15 Likes

Absolutely! 

0 Likes

Thank you, yes I can easily just call it dark orange....I have already changed it on the listing, but it is still deactivated....

0 Likes

@LatitudeLaineShop   You will need to contact Etsy and tell then you changed the listing. 

0 Likes
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

@LatitudeLaineShop 

better don't fiddle with the deactivated listing, it could cause more problems!

Don't reactivate it yourself, let Etsy do it.

Contact Etsy, and they will forward the problem to a specialized team. As a starseller, you have direct access to chat, right lower corner of the dashboard, a blue chat icon, -in the afternoon the tag will appear.

1 Like

Would burnt orange describe it?  

1 Like

Use honey gold red,  Orange tawny brown.  Any color that suites the word amber. 

1 Like

Ah, super, lots of good advice - thank you!

0 Likes

Don't reactivate it yourself or you will be in deep water!   Do a copy, make the adjustments and publish as a new one. 

Sunset orange? 

2 Likes

I was just trying to see how to contact Etsy....and there seems to be no way to do this??

As the listing is deactivated I cannot copy it...

0 Likes
Hertfordweaver
Conversation Maker

Also make sure the tags don't have the word Amber either.

0 Likes

Yes, thank you, I changed that as well... but for the moment I don't seem to have the possibility of doing something more.

Creating a completely new listing would require that I find back the photos in my old computer etc.....

0 Likes

Anyways thanks a lot for all your help, I really appreciate it. I guess I will just wait and see....

0 Likes
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

Golden Orange, Dark Honey Orange. Make up something else.

1 Like

I had to change all my listings with the word amber (describing a color) to 'honey, burnt orange, muted orange, molasses ... even though amber is the most accurate description. The glass I used is called amber. So weird that we can't use names commonly used for colors like coral, ivory, tortoise shell or amber.

While there is a lot of interest in AI, I think the Etsy bots are using AI (artificial Idiocy).

4 Likes

Didn’t this all start when someone’s baby choked on an amber bead in a necklace someone purchased and maybe filed a lawsuit against Etsy.  It was a while back, can’t remember all the details. 

0 Likes

@SilverRiverDesignsWA 

The baby choked, sadly, but not on the bead. Unfortunately, the necklace itself choked the baby because it did not automatically unclasp when it should have. But 'amber' got caught up in this because of the proliferation of amber bead necklaces made for teething babies.

0 Likes

Etsy will review it and reactivate it in a matter of days. But you will want to edit the color everywhere it appears, even in tags. My experience has been that the item will be temporarily deactivated every time it renews.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.