Item not available!

Jump to solution

I am trying to edit listings and renew but keep intermittently getting the error notification 'Item not available in your region'.

It only seems to be happening with listings that have expired.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Item not available!

Jump to solution

Would these listings be knives?

They are blocked by etsy in the UK. You can't view them, but other countries can.

View solution in original post

1 Like
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Would these listings be knives?

They are blocked by etsy in the UK. You can't view them, but other countries can.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you. It never occured to me that it might be a problem as they are cheese knives. The listing renewed fine then would not show after I updated because I noticed a spelling mistake. Appeared a second time after I closed my browser and opened again then disappeared again. So frustrating

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@peculiarpots: The bots seem to check when a listing is created, renewed and / or edited. It is hard to speculate on why a particular listing was deactivated, but Etsy is cracking down on what they feel inappropriate. Copyright and trademark infringements is a large factor, but it also seems that the bots are looking for trigger words with no consideration for context. The classic example that may or may not apply to you, if you say an item is ivory colored the listing may get flagged because ivory is not allowed to be sold on Etsy. Since Etsy is now also factoring descriptions in search, they along with titles, tags, and materials (and possibly even alt tags if you are using them) are all probably being checked. And the bots are also "reading" images. Hopefully you have / will receive an eMail from Etsy explaining the reason.

Depending on what items are being deactivated you might want to search this forum for a more specific discussion.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Some listings, or all?  I didn't look at all of your items, but I did see one with poppy in the title and that may trigger a bot.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.