Issues with gift orders

I know I've seems posts about this before but I'm still having issues with the gift receipts - they never show who it's from and sometimes they'll show the message (if there is one)

It just says "enjoy your gift from Etsy" if I received something with no note, and it only said "from Etsy" then I guess I'd assume Etsy sent it to me and I would be a bit confused

I packaged something up this morning, marked as a gift with no message. I sent the buyer a message and asked if she wanted me to write a note on her behalf. She didn't answer so an hour later I wrote out a card that said "this gift has been sent to you by..." I stuck the gift receipt in and wrapped it up for the carrier to pick up and went to go pick up my son. The buyer, ofcoarse, messages me when I'm at the school saying "yes, I put the message in with the order" and then rewrote the message to me. I triple checked - there was no message on my end.

I'm not sure if she thought she left a note with the order, but didn't, or something else happened.

Either way I was able to get home and get that package before the carrier did so I could write the new card. 

Is anyone else having this issue? I would definitely recommend sending a buyer a message if they marked their item as a gift with no message and it was being sent to someone else. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
4 Replies
TBQSC
Community Maker

Re: Issues with gift orders

Some people just mark their orders as gifts, which just means they do not want a receipt showing prices.  Because of this common request, I have customized all my packing slips to not show prices, so whether an item is purchased as a gift or not, there is no mention of how much they paid ... I figure they already have that info with the order confirmation message Etsy sends them upon purchase. 

But I do understand what you are saying about "who is this gift actually from" (obviously not Etsy).  If there is no message, and I see the order is going to the same address as the buyer, I just print the gift receipt as is and ship the order.  If marked as a gift going to a different address ... I would probably ask if they wanted to leave a note ... I actually have not done this yet as I figure if they wanted to leave a note, they would do so.  But in your case, I understand what you mean ... buyer said they left a note, but you cannot find it.  That's definitely a frustrating issue!  I am glad to hear you got it straightened out, and your buyer's gift recipient will know who the gift is actually from!   Cute shop, BTW!!

0 Likes
cutiepiedesigns
Inspiration Seeker

I have been having this issue for about a month or so.  I have reported it to Etsy but it still is not fixed.  It is very frustrating.  I have a few orders that are marked as gifts right now and I will have to hand write the message as well as who it is from as it is not showing up on the gift receipt.

I really hope this gets fixed soon.

0 Likes

People are actually being paid to mess this stuff up!!

0 Likes

I recently had an order come in from a guest that was marked as a gift. It appears the buyer's name was filled in as the gift recipient's name, but the email address contains a different name. There is no gift message, and they have not responded to my email. The recipient will have no idea who sent them this gift. I hope Etsy can address this issue soon. Seems like it could be quite confusing for the recipient.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.