WithCharmCo
Inspiration Seeker

Is there a way to have one listing not count toward the free shipping guarantee?

Jump to solution

I offer free shipping on purchases over $35. Most of my shop's items are under $35 so customers have to pay for shipping unless they buy multiple items. My shop is super busy and I have long lead times. I have had customers reaching out to ask if they can pay to get their items sooner. I took a note from other shops and offered a $10 rush my order fee. The problem is, no matter how I mark it, it counts toward free shipping which pretty much defeats the purpose. Tried to do etsy chat and they were zero help. I tried making the listing a digital download or a regular item and it seems no matter what I do, it counts toward the free ship fee. Any help would be appreciated if you know a work around! 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there a way to have one listing not count toward the free shipping guarantee?

Jump to solution

I raised my 'free shipping' to $50. 95% of my orders are charged for shipping, and even out of the 5% that qualify for 'free shipping', at least half of them pay for shipping upgrades, so they still pay even when it could be free. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Re: Is there a way to have one listing not count toward the free shipping guarantee?

Jump to solution

@WithCharmCo   Sadly, I have no suggestions other than to stop using "free" shipping.  I think everyone knows it isn't "free".  That would solve all of your problems.  On returns, you can end up losing a lot of money!  Perhaps, also consider removing the Taylor Swift listings.  Your shop can be shut down and she's tough on this stuff.

1 Like
WithCharmCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I've thought about it, but all my competitors use it so I'm torn. I don't allow returns at least!

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

It's a regular listing so that's why it counts towards the $35 minimum order. 

0 Likes
WithCharmCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Is there a way to make it NOT a regular listing? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

No. There are not different types of listings and you can't exclude listings from the FSG. 

Your only option is to make it a shipping upgrade (upgrades should override the FSG)

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I think your only other recourse is to offer shipping upgrades and/or stop the free shipping.

2 Likes
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

You would have to raise your free shipping higher to 45 so that the 10 you charge would not count. I stopped doing free shipping years ago and I don't think it made any difference.

1 Like
WithCharmCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

That's what I am thinking. It seems like the majority of my orders are a single item anyway so people don't seem to mind paying shipping. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I raised my 'free shipping' to $50. 95% of my orders are charged for shipping, and even out of the 5% that qualify for 'free shipping', at least half of them pay for shipping upgrades, so they still pay even when it could be free. 

0 Likes
WithCharmCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I think this is my best solution. I have had items I want to list for over $35 anyway but don't want to hit that threshold to then just have to offer free shipping on it. So I need to nix the Etsy free ship guarantee then. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.