sketchibunnii
Inspiration Seeker

International shipping with pirate ship

Hello, I have been searching and searching for help on this subject and could not find anything so here I go! 

I have people in Europe wanting my products but shipping is expensive on Etsy. So I looked into pirate ship and want to go that route. I have integrated my account with pirate ship but when someone goes to purchase a product of mine the shipping cost is still there. How do I fix this problem? Is it in my shipping profile? I am brand new to this and need some help from anyone please hahaha!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
8 Replies

Re: International shipping with pirate ship

I am not 100 % sure how Etsy shipping works as I have never used it. For shipping I set up accounts with the shipping companies. Once I have the price list from them, I make up the shipping profiles with the fees they charge.

When an order comes in, I get my label directly from my shipping account and add the shipping details to complete the order in the Etsy dashboard.

There is no integration between my Etsy shop and my shipping accounts. 

1 Like
sketchibunnii
Inspiration Seeker

Oh ok so I may have to completely change my prices  and fix my shipping profiles to meet international shipping then. 
thanks for responding. 

1 Like

I think so yes, but it works different for us in Europe. Maybe a US seller who uses pirate ship could advice you on whether it is integrated with Etsy or if it is a separate account

1 Like
sketchibunnii
Inspiration Seeker

Oh ok. Thank you so much for your input ^^. 

1 Like

Pirateship allows you to integrate your orders so you can buy postage through pirateship.

It does nothing else.

It does not integrate pirateship's pricing into your shipping profiles.

You set your shipping on etsy, and that's what gets charged.

4 Likes

International shipping is going to be more than domestic shipping. No way around that.

I don't know how you have your shipping costs set up, but these articles from Etsy:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013946647-How-to-Set-Up-Calculated-Shipping?segment=selli...

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014115187-How-to-Set-Up-Shipping-Information-for-your-Lis...

Finally, off topic but do read this & also check into the various package recycling regulations that some countries in Europe have -

https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/selling-to-eu-and-uk-buyers/239965962014

0 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

Message "support" on Pirateship and ask them to enable "Simple Export Rate."  It's a great money and time saver!  When you use this option, they bundle your parcel at a collection and distribution center in the U.S., prepare the parcel with customs form and new label, and ship it with other parcels going to that country. I was confused the first time I used it, as the label you print will be for a U.S. address. It really is simple, though!

1 Like
LadyInStitches
Conversation Maker

I have been using Pirateship for years and find it seamless with Etsy.  I use Etsy calculated rates and have my Etsy integrated with Pirateship.  For the most part, most of the rates are the same, so nothing to do.  If the shipping charged to the buyer is more than $2 higher than what I pay on Pirateship, I refund the overage. Simple.  Works well, also gives me the rates for UPS on each order so I can pick which method I want to use.  My items are light, so 9 times out of 10, USPS is the cheapest, but once in a while UPS is better.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.