I have different domestic and international prices set up on multiple of my listings so I can provide free delivery. About a week ago, I noticed I had received two international orders where the buyer's had both paid the domestic price. This is a major issue for me as the domestic price doesn't even cover the cost of international postage let alone the cost of making the item and Etsy's fees. 

Only one of my listings seems to be affect as others with the same pricing are working as normal, not sure why this has happened and I don't just want to create a new listing as this item has previously sold as a best seller and has multiple reviews.

I contacted Etsy on the 24/h chat about this when I first noticed it and they said they would email me back in 24-48 hours. They did eventually email me back 4 days later (when the order was then already overdue) and said they would refer it to the engineering team. I replied asking what to do with the order as cancelling it could leave to a bad review (still have had no response 8 days later)

I had another incorrect order come in a few days later so went onto the 24/h chat again where I never got connected to a worker, another one came in today and I've currently been waiting on the 24/h chat (With a 1 min response time) for an hour, still not connected and I have refreshed it 3 times

Is anyone experiencing the same problem? I feel like cancelling all these orders is reducing the traffic to this listing too.

Thanks

Re: International Buyers Paying Domestic Prices

Jump to solution

Add me to the list of sellers who have had to turn off that feature and find ways to compensate for it elsewhere. I really hate to do it because now I'm afraid that if we all end up turning off that pricing feature, Etsy might just get rid of it completely saying that no one was using it, instead of working on a fix.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes

Jump to solution

Ugh! This has been happening with my listings and it's driving me nuts 

8 Likes

Jump to solution

@KensingtonSourdough - I hear you! It’s frustrating as hell. They’ve clearly ended the domestic & international postage  function but for some reason won’t admit it. Thankfully this isn’t my main income, so I have pulled all but one of my physical products because life is too short to stress over stuff like this. But for people who do this full time - it must be so stressful. Good luck.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Am joining the 'club'. Had to cancel an order this morning, which makes me look so bad! 

9 Likes

Jump to solution

@TheSewingCroft really sorry to hear it is still happening. But cancelling is the only way to show that we aren’t putting up with the ‘glitch’. The more people who carry on regardless because they are afraid of looking bad, the less incentive there is for Etsy to sort it out. So well done for standing firm on this. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I switched to the "old editor" last week and changed my listing prices there.  I have not had an issue since.    I know others on this thread have stated this did not work for them but just wanted to provide my experience.

I would try this if you havent yet.  As you start editing your listing there will be a blue banner that allows you to switch to the old editor.

Good luck.

3 Likes
Cordialiyours
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

KensingtonSourdough, glad this has worked for you too, I have had no further issues since only using the ‘old editor’ for the past few weeks. Take care everyone because as soon as you open anything with the ‘new editor’ it breaks the global pricing again!

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I've been directing people to this thread whenever I see them making a new post about this issue. It's disheartening to see that it's still going on and more people are getting hit by it every day and Etsy still hasn't said a thing about it.

7 Likes

Jump to solution

I only just started trying global pricing on a couple of items, with no idea that there is this well known problem that has been going on for months!

Why has there been no communication from Etsy about this? I just lost $20 on an order, that's 2 hours of work I'm not getting paid for

8 Likes

Dot.: International Buyers Paying Domestic Prices

Jump to solution

Now the difference is that, earlier changed bad prices was visible in dashboard shop and new version listing form. But now everything looks good until you get the order with bad price or you have to open and check  that in old version form listing. So Etsy probably works to improve that …  but... makes it invisible in standard used, current settings. I’m from Europe and have  domestic and international prices.

I didn't lose my money because I noticed it earlier when making changes in listings and now I’m checking it.

1 Like

Betreff: International Buyers Paying Domestic Prices

Jump to solution

Ja ich hatte dieses Problem jetzt 2 x

dies wird wahrscheinlich ein IT Problem sein, irgendein Haken ist falsch gesetzt oder im Keller ein Stecker rausgerissen-

schade dass für den technischen Support anscheinend kein Geld da ist....

2 Likes
3dGameCraft
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This affected me big time a week ago when I somehow had let about 10 orders go through before noticing the problem. I feel annoyed at myself for not spotting it but also shouldn't have to be constantly making sure people are paying the correct prices incase the bug has happened again. 

5 Likes
TheCuratorsAttic
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, I’ve had the same problem for the last month- September 2023.  Like many of you, I reported it to Etsy on live chat, provided proof to the chat assistant that my domestic and global prices were set different both with free delivery and they said they would look into it. All my sales have gone out with me subsidising shipping where I could but some large orders items I had to cancel as I would loose a lot of money. To date I have had no feedback from the Etsy technical team. I closed my shop for 2 weeks hoping Etsy had resolved the problem then re-opened it this week but last night I had two further sales from US buyers go through at domestic prices.
Until the bug is fixed I am trying the following - As most of my buyers are international, I have now set my domestic and global prices the same with free delivery to see how that pans out. I understand that U.K. buyers may think my items are expensive when they see my shop prices but I have to cater for my main buyers and that’s the international buyer.

Lets hope that Etsy read theses comms and have the professionalism and ability to fix the bug.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I've also had to resort to matching my domestic and international prices, and offering free domestic shipping.  I tried this in June/July after experiencing the glitch for the first time and noticed a dip in visits, so I went back to the 2 tiered pricing.  But the volume of glitch sales now is at 66% of my sales, so I'm moving back to matching prices.  At least the free shipping is highlighted in the search results.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@TheCuratorsAttic 

You may want to include a note about this ... e.g. Prices include international shipping. UK sales may have a portion of the sale refunded. Please message me regarding the price for UK buyers as it will vary depending on the size and weight of the item.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

This has been happening to me for quite a few weeks now.  I also notice that was it says in the listings page differs to that within the listing.  Also they keep changing back so that both pricing are the same!

The only thing I can think of to resolve the issue is to take the separate pricing structure off and charge everyone an inflated price to cover those orders that qualify for free US shipping.  

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Yep - that’s the only answer, which is what we had to do before they introduced this feature to differentiate between international and domestic. I used to add the highest postal cost (the USA for me) and I used to refund any British buyers the postage overage. But I’m sure the high cost they saw on the item put British buyers off. Its just a mess - I’ve removed all but one of my physical products now because I just can’t do this nonsense any more. Such a disappointment because I really loved etsy - it was the best platform to sell on by a long shot. Then this happened.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

What I’ve ended up doing is including the domestic postage price inside the product price then in the delivery profile offering free domestic delivery but paid International. This works for me as the majority of my buyers are domestic but I can understand if this wouldn’t work for those of you whose main market is international.

2 Likes
AnticaPrinta
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
I had the same problem today for the first time. I sell old prints and then you have a separate listing for each print. it is almost impossible to adjust this separately for 500 listings. Etsy, do something about this problem, now.
2 Likes

Jump to solution

This seller actually got credited for the shipping lost on a sale through this issue: https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Glitch-in-pricing/m-p/143763795/highlight/true#M81147... . Anyone else have any luck? When I used the chat I had to convince the staff that there was a bug and that I didn't type in the price change myself.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Wait, wait, wait. I just had the same issue. Are y'all saying Etsy is not taking accountability for this error on their part and refunding you the money lost?? This is crazy. My customer is expecting this item but I'll loose money if I ship it internationally (which isn't their problem) 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Ich hatte kein Glück , den Suppurt Mitarbeiter von einem eTSY Fehler zu überzeugen; Ich hatte diesen Fall 2 x mit Versand nach USA- diese beiden hatte ich durchgehen lassen, anschließend habe ich die Notbremse gezogen und biete nun kostenlosen Versand im Inland und Produktpreis plus Versand im Ausland. Da der Support erst viiiiel später geantwortet hat, nämlich nachdem ich die Versandkosten umgestellt hatte, sahen Sie natürlich den Fehler bei mir:)

Ich habe dem Mitarbeiter geraten in den Keller zu den Programmierern zu gehen und diesen Fehler zu bearbeiten- dies liegt mit Sicherheit nicht an den Nutzern, sondern ist ein Programmierfehler.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@QueenOfTheSouthCo @Wolltilda  If Etsy cared about this, they would have fixed it months ago, as it was happening even before this thread started. 

They don't care about problems for non-US sellers, though. If you lose money because of Etsy's faulty programming that Etsy told you to rely on, that is apparently something Etsy doesn't feel responsible for. 

5 Likes
LayerTree
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This has been happening to us for the past few months - numerous hours spent on Etsy chat with the same answer that it is a technical problem the engineers are looking into. The first time we just lost out on the postage cost because we wanted to keep the sale. Now we have to check all international orders and cancel lots which, as others have said makes you look bad.

We started our business on Etsy 12 years ago and it is now a successful family business. Aim for 2024 - leave Etsy. What a shame.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

@LayerTree I am so sorry it has come to this for your shop. Shame on Etsy for not fixing this bug they have known about for months, when they know it is taking money out of their seller's pockets.

I find it particularly galling that they first introduced this "feature" in 2021 with such a fanfare
Now it’s possible for you to set one price for all of your domestic sales, and a different price for your international sales! This will give you the chance to grow your local business while expanding globally. Plus, with Domestic & global pricing you can offer free shipping.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/Updated-7-18-Domestic-amp-global-pricing-is-here/m-p/135...

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.