Incorrect star rating on shipping on time

My star seller rating on shipping went down yesterday. I  checked the reason and Etsy said I did not ship a package on time. It was due to ship yesterday and I did ship it with tracking. It shows on my Completed Orders as shipped yesterday with tracking.  Is Etsy having a glitch on the shipping data?  This was also the last package I shipped yesterday so I am not sure if anything I ship today will also have a glitch.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Incorrect star rating on shipping on time

Same thing happened to me.

0 Likes

Etsy finally caught up and said it shipped on time, but my Average Rating has not gone back up....yet. It may correct after the holiday(tomorrow).

0 Likes

@JHPEngraving  :  This issue has been addressed in several threads on this forum. Our experience is that the CSV file is often behind reality. If the shipper is supported by Etsy make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order. Often recent shipments are not correctly / timely updated. Our experience is that after a day or two the CSV file correctly shows tracking and shipment status.

Have the packages been scanned? At some point, if the package is never scanned it will revert to being considered as not shipped with tracking.

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply. WE printed the label and mailed it late yesterday but, I guess since is the weekend and the holiday, they have not scanned it yet. However, I  had a package that was not scanned for over 2 wks and finally found it was lost and it did not affect my rating at all since I printed the label before the ship date.  I am guessing everything will work out. I just have not had this happen before so I thought I would ask.

0 Likes

I have a similar issue. Etsy says 11 of my packaging are missing tracking info. I ONLY USE Etsy labels - they all show purchased and scanned and the info is there - but their "system" says they lack tracking #'s . . . My human eyeballs can see them - so I dont know what the glitch is.

I dont really care about the star seller program - but if they are going to track these things - please track correctly - its just annoying.

1 Like

@WendaLynneDesigns  :  Have you made sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order. How long ago did you ship? Our experience is that the CSV file is often behind reality.

0 Likes

So if I get all my star seller badge at 100% am I not suppose to get a star seller badge?

0 Likes

@RuddleCottage: Which star are you referring to, the September star (for June, July and August) or the October star (the one that stats are now reporting for) which is for July, August, and September?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.