SuspiciousCat
Inspiration Seeker

Cannot open my shop for weeks :/

Hello,

I went through documentation and all the hints and advices, but I am still not able to open my shop. Something from my financial informations cannot be validated (not sure what). I guess that ETSY wrongly assign me as "German company" despite I have Czech company and hence they are not able to validate existence of my VAT ID, Company numbers, phones and everything even after multiple attempts (yes, I do have all informations 100% correct and it is easy to validate them in public sources).

Weeks of waiting for support tickets gave me only automated answers from ETSY "read our guidelines" which I studied, tried and nothing is applicable to opening my shop. My frustration is getting higher every single day as ETSY already threaten me to pay "fees for selling on ETSY":/

Thanks for any help that actually helps.

Jakub

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Cannot open my shop for weeks :/

Etsy probably asked you to upload a copy of your personal ID. They would have sent you an email.

1 Like

@SuspiciousCat  :  Every eMail from Etsy support will have a link something like "I Still Need Help". Click on that link in each reply from Etsy (or actually reply stating that you still need help) to keep the report alive. You may have to do this innumerable times, before anything is done but do not give up. DO NOT open a new issue or contact Etsy multiple times about the same issue (doing so closes the one you already opened and puts the new one on the bottom of the pile).

1 Like

I'm having the same issue! They closed my shop because they couldn't validate a tax number. It has been 5 days now with only one email telling me to re-enter my information....which I can't do because my shop is closed and doesn't allow me access to that area.

These problems used to get solved easily by speaking to phone rep, but apparently the department that has authority to make changes such as verifying accounts and reopening them, doesn't have a phone system?? It's the most inefficient way to solve problems. It's honestly baffling me.

Does anyone know how long I should wait before contacting them again? How long does it usually take to hear back from anyone?

0 Likes

@CurlyCuffs   Did you edit the message for the vacation mode because that is not the message Etsy uses when they place a shop on vacation.  Try taking your shop off of vacation.  

Etsy does not use phone for legal and financial issues and never has.  Those items have always been referred for contact via email.

If you have an email, reply back that you still have an issue. 

If the tax information was the issue, make sure you have checked your name on your bank account, your name on your tax information and anyplace to see if there are any errors.  

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@CurlyCuffs  Looks like you put your shop in vacation mode yourself. 

0 Likes
VogueVixens
Community Maker

@CurlyCuffs @SuspiciousCat You probably won't hear from anyone at Etsy today, since it's the Labour Day holiday. Anyone higher up than general customer service won't be working today. On Monday see if you can get chat or request a phone call from Etsy, during their regular EST business hours.  Or you could try chat today.

Go to the help centre, clicked to read the full section on whatever article subject applies to your situation.  Then at the bottom click on "still have questions contact support"

Pick Selling on Etsy, then picked "Managing my shop and listings", then picked "opening a shop on Etsy"

Then I picked "I still need help"

And the Get Help Chat with us page came up, said there was a 1 minute waiting time. I assume clicking that will get you in the que, I did not click it since I dont need help.

0 Likes

@SuspiciousCat   Take one email.  Reply back to that email with all information listed.  Do not use phone or chat because they have to refer you to legal/finance.  Include all the information on the confusion.  Keep it simple. 

There may be other things that keep you on vacation mode.  Etsy may be verifying what you are making and the lack of shop policies can slow things down to.  They may have located your website which doesn't offer much information.   

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.