Impossible to change featured listings and sold out items and sales not adding up

Hello Team ETSY

It still impossible to change featured listings after months of it being a problem. ETSY is nudging sellers to marketing our shops yet we can not do the  basic marketing like promoting seasonal or thematic products on our store front. Yet changing the store front is an essential  part of marketing - so what is the problem that ETSY is not able to fix these ongoing issues? As we are paying fees to sell on here, it is possible for ETSY tech team to prioritize the basic functionality of the platform and app ( I wont even start to the app issues here ) 

When I joined ETSY around 2018/2019 - everything functioned  more or less ( including search) and it was a breeze. Now many things do not work, platform is constantly glitch and yet ETSY is talking about how good they are about applying new technology etc during investor calls. But if the basic is worse now than 4 years ago, how is that progress? What does that say? Please could you prioritize and fix it. It is VERY time consuming and costing a ton of money to sellers. The failure of basic functionality on this platform is really getting worse and shareholders including sellers are paying the price. Instead of listing a new item I spent 20 min trying to sort the featured listing and gave up altogether when it didn't work .Now I am spending time writing this instead of working.

The other issue not all  sold items are showing up under sold items. As a vintage seller, this is a really useful data point I use all the time.

Surely it is feasible to fix these things if they were alaready working well a few years back???

The worst part is ETSY will have read the myriad threads on these glitches over the past few months and it seems they just get ignored as if sellers' issues do not matter. This is not making commerce humane, it is just not respecting sellers' time and money.

Thanks for listening and fixing these issues, you can do it ETSY!

PS editing to say, the moment one posts on the forum these days, immediately get bombarded by scammers.. just like now. Please stop. We see you. Getting ride of scammers would help too... Make setting up a shop account only with ID for instance.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
9 Replies
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Re: Impossible to change featured listings and sold out items and sales not adding up

@DesDesVintage   I change my featured listings all the time, with no problems, other than a bit of a delay for them to kick in, like an hour or so.  Since I don't sell vintage, I can't address your other concerns.  I don't have those problems.  Hopefully you can get it all sorted out.

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Re: Impossible to change featured listings and sold out items and sales not adding up

It seems to depend on how you change your featured listings.  Some ways work better than others.  If you try to rearrange a list it doesn't work too well, but if you pick the ones you want it works fairly well.

0 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

@NoFrogsAllowed   I go to Shop Manager to my listings and remove the yellow stars on the ones I want removed and add the yellow stars to the ones I want featured now.  It often takes about an hour to kick in.

1 Like
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@JustMeToo 

That is why you don't have a problem.  Some people have more than 4 starred so as featured listings get sold there are others to replace them.  The rearrange feature is what is not working.  I experienced this the other day.  I finally gave up and left my featureds in the order that they seemed to want to be in instead of the order I wanted them in.

0 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

@NoFrogsAllowed   Yes I do only have four listed at one time.  However, I usually rearrange them once I change them to get them in the order I want.  It works with just the four.

0 Likes

I found it helps to not have any but the 4 you want queued up. Remove any extras. Still a bit if a bugger to get it to go. I agree things that worked perfectly fine 4 years ago should not now be not working. The thumbnail tool is another thing similar. Used to work fine. Now no. I just crop my pix to a square and hope for the best. 

0 Likes

Thanks All - I will try the work around but the frustration is it should not be like this…. It wasn’t like this, so I can’t understand why it would need to take  an hour to update etc. 
So many other things I didn’t mention do not work either;  like changing categories on the app or use the spam directly to bin the never ending spam- messages - yes I know the work around, but it is inefficient and … just a bore and waste of time. It is no longer possible to run your business on the go like it was pre covid. Anyhow hope Etsy tech sees these issues and solve them. 

3 Likes
PSGStudioArt
Inspiration Seeker

Yes...my featured listings page has not worked properly for a long time now. silly...

0 Likes
PSGStudioArt
Inspiration Seeker

Yeah, I am having the exact same issue. I'm a pretty tech savvy gal, I've tried every-way around this issue but nothing seems to work. SO SO dissapointing.... I pay for Etsy Plus and this seems so amateur on their end. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.