Ihave a problem with a customer wh bought 2 miniature wagons. One was damaged

Jump to solution

I sold 2 wagons to a customer and one arrived damaged.  I told the customer to return the damaged ONE and I  would replace it with a new one.  

Instead of sending the ONLY damaged wagon she also sent the other wagon which was not damaged.  Now she wants a full refund.  Do I have to give her a full refund when only ONE of the wagons was damaged ?  She did not follow my instructions to send me ONLY the One wagon that was damaged so I cold replace it.  Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ihave a problem with a customer wh bought 2 miniature wagons. One was damaged

Jump to solution

Give them a full refund and move on. If one hadn't got damaged probably none would have been returned.

View solution in original post

5 Likes

Re: Ihave a problem with a customer wh bought 2 miniature wagons. One was damaged

Jump to solution

You have the merchandise and the money. Refund your unhappy buyer for both wagons and hope she doesn't pursue a case with Etsy or leave a negative review.

3 Likes
TheKiltedKnitter
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Regardless of whether she followed your instructions or not, you now have both wagons back, so I don't think you have any justification for keeping the payment. It's a pretty clear sign she doesn't want either of them now. You can always resell the undamaged one. You won't be out of pocket.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I will refund order.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You should refund in full, and re-imburse them for return shipping,

The one that is fine, you can re-sell

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Probably the buyer wanted a pair and because of the damage didn't get it.

1 Like

Jump to solution

full refund given.

2 Likes
7 Replies

Jump to solution

Give them a full refund and move on. If one hadn't got damaged probably none would have been returned.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

full refund given.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

You have the merchandise and the money. Refund your unhappy buyer for both wagons and hope she doesn't pursue a case with Etsy or leave a negative review.

3 Likes
TheKiltedKnitter
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Regardless of whether she followed your instructions or not, you now have both wagons back, so I don't think you have any justification for keeping the payment. It's a pretty clear sign she doesn't want either of them now. You can always resell the undamaged one. You won't be out of pocket.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I will refund order.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You should refund in full, and re-imburse them for return shipping,

The one that is fine, you can re-sell

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Probably the buyer wanted a pair and because of the damage didn't get it.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.