I need urgent help please. I'm locked out of my Etsy shop account and etsy account email deleted

Hello

I’m having trouble logging into my account ___________________. and have now been locked out for a number of days despite raising multiple tickets for assistance.  

Etsy customer support keep asking me security questions of which some I cannot answer as the answers are in the account that I can't get into!

I have explained this to several Etsy support operatives but I keep getting a very polite but stock response that without the security questions being correct they CANNOT help me.  I am running round in circles here.  I understand the need for security of course but how in the name of all that is holy can I answer the questions, pass the test and get the help with no access to my etsy account and shop and email attached to Etsy account deleted?!

For some reason, an authenticator was affixed to my account (something never requested by me), and after having this removed by ETSY Customer support, I find that I am still unable to access my account. 
Etsy sent a password reset, but I am unable to access this via the email address associated with the account (as __________ (mail server)have apparently deleted that address without advising me).  Its a bit of a Clusterbleep tbh

I have a new email address that I’d like to use for the account _________________ but obviously as I’m not able to access my Etsy seller account, I can’t make the necessary change! 
I need Etsy technical to change the email address associated with the account on my behalf and then send the password reset to my new email address ______________________ I think that this would resolve the issue?

The situation is now rather urgent, as I’m unable to access my account, customer messages, etc., and have a backlog of orders pending at my busiest time of the year. I stand to lose a considerable sum of money if I’m unable to access and fulfil these orders, as my customers will soon be getting annoyed with me and I really hate letting my customers down.  This is my main income for my family and I'm sorry if I'm coming across as emotional but my stress levels are through the roof after 48 hours of getting nowhere.

I therefore really would appreciate any help in resolving this issue quickly, please! 

Thank you,

Ruth

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
23 Replies
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Re: I need urgent help please. I'm locked out of my Etsy shop account and etsy account email delete

Hopefully someone from Etsy will see this and help you.

1 Like

Re: I need urgent help please. I'm locked out of my Etsy shop account and etsy account email delete

Thanks me too

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

why would the answers to the security questions be in your etsy account?

if that were true and your account was hacked... then the hackers could answer the security questions too.

5 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

Its not a hacking situation.

They are asking questions such as billing amounts and with no access to email or account I can't answer that.

I can answer questions about payment methods etc but questions like number of draft listings, last months billing -  those answers are in my Etsy account.

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

Its not a hacking situation.

They are asking questions such as billing amounts, numbers of draft listings etc and with no access to email or account I can't answer that off the top of my head.

I can answer questions about payment methods etc but questions like number of draft listings, last months billing -  those answers are in my Etsy account.

0 Likes

sorry for the double post

0 Likes

Hi

Have you got two shops on Etsy ? If the other shop is yours, are they both on the same account? 

I contacted Etsy on live chat fairly recently but I have to say that I found it almost by mistake. I'll see if it still exists. 

1 Like

I have this shop I'm posting as and sending tickets from and my main shop Shepaintsseaglass which I'm locked out of.

Thank you I really appreciate that

0 Likes

Different accounts different emails, sorry missed a bit

0 Likes

I've tried looking for Live Chat but I can't find it. 

Searched on forums and it looks like it was one of Etsy's tests. 

Going through the process & keep asking for further support leads you to an email which states that it will be replied to in 1 - 2 days. You would need to bullet point the issues and also ask if live chat is available.  

Just another question, why are your security questions with your account? They are supposed to be questions that only you know the answer to e.g Favourite teacher's name etc. ? 

Anyway, good luck & keep persevering. 

EDIT: Sorry just seen the answer above - I would know my draft listings number but not how much was in my Etsy account. I could tell them what was last deposited into my account, if that is a question. 

1 Like
catfluff
Conversation Maker

last month billing do they mean how much was deposited into your account? You surely can answer that  by looking into your  bank account.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying.  Yes I was hoping for that question, but I didn't get that one!  Mine was billing amount (in my deactivated email) and shop payment balance.  Which is changing constantly as sales are still coming in. (I can see from the numbers on my front page)

I've reactivated an old ticket from the beginning of this when I got the answers right before the password reset was sent and I could access the app on my phone and got a reply in three hours so I know that ticket is live.  As was suggested by someone I am sticking with one ticket and hoping this will be sorted soon.

0 Likes

do both of your shops sell the same thing?

1 Like

Thanks no, one is a supplies shop and my main shop is hand painted arts and crafts

0 Likes
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

Betreff: I need urgent help please. I'm locked out of my Etsy shop account and etsy account email d

I reach the live chat here, but it may be different from country to country.

How to Contact Etsy Support – Etsy Help

I select

I'm a buyer,

need help with an order and

still need help.

1 Like

Betreff: I need urgent help please. I'm locked out of my Etsy shop account and etsy account email d

Thank you, I have now tried this and waiting to see if I get any help.

1 Like

if you open a ticket, keep replying to that one, don't open another, or the previous ones will be closed, and the new ones start at the bottom of the pile again.

4 Likes

Hi thanks for replying yes I realised that earlier today, tiring situation this

1 Like
BikerBlingCa
Community Curator

Do both of your shops sell sea glass?  Just asking as apparently you cannot sell the same items in more than one shop. Could this be the reason?  If so, Etsy may not allow you to reopen one of these shops. 

1 Like

Hi thanks for your reply no I have a sea glass supplies shop and my other shop is hand painted sea glass Christmas tree decorations, jewellery and art

0 Likes
BikerBlingCa
Community Curator

Also, it may have been said here somewhere but you need to reply only to the same ticket e-mail over and over. If you open another ticket Etsy thinks you are done with the first one and you start over again. Hope that makes sense. You have to wait for their reply and it can take days unfortunately. 

1 Like
TheWhimsiWitch
Inspiration Seeker

This happened to my shop too! I’ve been locked out for EIGHT days. But I answered all the security questions. And I know the info was correct.  Reached out to their Instagram and everything. Nothing! 

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, I'm sorry this has happened to you too.

I'm really shocked that there seems to be no sense of urgency to resolving this. I even got Etsy on the phone yesterday (I know I can't write the details - forum rules).  Waiting to see if anything comes of that.

If someone took ownership of the problem and helped me this could probably be resolved very quickly.

My shop is extremely successful here on Etsy and I love trading here but I need to know that support is there when I hit a roadblock and I'm sorry to say it isn't.

I don't feel like my massive fees to them matter one single bit.

(Sorry I wouldn't normally air my views like this in the forums but I can't help but feel that my value to Etsy is pretty much zero and I am hoping they prove me wrong)

Best wishes, I hope we both will have better news soon and get access to our accounts.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.