Suniq
Crafty Poster

I lost my phone and life became a nightmare for me, 2 factor authentication

I lost my phone and life became a nightmare for me. My life turned outside down. Even though I had the same number, I didn't receive any messages from some sites on my phone and even though I sent my ID I could not log in to Amazon or Klarna. The code they sent didn't reach me.

I was very afraid that the same thing would happen on Etsy so I always stayed logged in to my computer on Etsy.I want to say this here, maybe it will be useful to someone one day, 2 factor authentication is a terrible thing. Anyway this is how I solved the situation. Even though I called Amazon support 3 times and sent my ID, they could not solve the situation but Klarna support solved in 2 minutes and told me that this is our message number, just write ''START'' and send a message and the codes started to arrive. Amazon support is unaware of this. I tried the same thing by sending a message to Amazon and the issue was resolved. These numbers were not blocked on my phone. I don't know what the problem was, but it was solved.

I was able to turn off 2 factor authentication without any problems, fortunately I received a message from Etsy or otherwise I was gonna try to send them a message like I did for the other sites. Maybe it would work too. If you encounter such a problem, what you need to do is write ''START'' and send a message to the site's number. You can find out the number by contacting their support. It's that simple. The only thing that cheers me up amid all this chaos is that my sales have been very good since the weekend. I don't know what would have happened if I couldn't log in to Etsy. I had a bunch of open orders. And of course I found peace by making products during this time. And hugging my husband. Peace! I hope what I experienced doesn't happen to anyone but I wanted to write it so you can keep it in mind if it does.

Best regards, stay at peace.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
2 Replies

Re: I lost my phone and life became a nightmare for me, 2 factor authentication

YIKES-No way can I read all that or understand it!

Try breaking up  with paragraphs. Makes it much easier to read and hopefully understand.

1 Like
Sofiasbijoux
Conversation Maker

Re: I lost my phone and life became a nightmare for me, 2 factor authentication

There is a app Google authenticator to use instead of phone number

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.