I have met all requirements for Star Seller yet ETSY keeps calculating my stats wrong.

I keep up with my stats and every time and screenshot for proof and every month Etsy is not calculating them correctly and not giving me my star seller badge. Instead giving me two badges. It’s been the same for the last two months when I know I’ve met every requirement for sales, shipping, messaging, etc etc etc. If you’re not going to properly calculate for star seller then REMOVE IT from the platform. It’s not fair to have us trying to meet requirements and you still don’t acknowledge. I am considering removing myself from the platform completely since Etsy takes $ from our shops and orders and doesn’t acknowledge what we are doing! It’s very frustrating and giving Etsy doesn’t care at all. Please help or I’m closing my shop and going another route. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies

Re: I have met all requirements for Star Seller yet ETSY keeps calculating my stats wrong.

You are missing the message star.  Did you download the CSV to see where you are missing replies within 24 hours.  Any that you should have placed in spam but didn't?  Any messages from sellers you brought from that you didn't answer?  Any messages that ended up in spam that you did not place there?  There has been an issue with some legit messages going directly to spam.

Did you receive messages during the previous 3 month period? 

5 Likes

Re: I have met all requirements for Star Seller yet ETSY keeps calculating my stats wrong.

I reply to any and all msgs the same day. I check my Etsy msgs more than once a day.  Bottom line is Etsy is miscalculating the stats, it has happened before and they corrected it. So I know it’s incorrect again! 

0 Likes

There’s something glitchy this month. I’ve always made the star seller badge. This month it says I had a 92% message response rate. My message response rate is 100% . My guess is etsy implemented some upgrade that isn’t working correctly. Maybe just report in the “bugs” forum if it’s upsetting you. 

2 Likes

In the past few months I have had 1  four star review (it was a positive review I think the buyrer forgot to click the last star) and the rest are all 5 star reviews yet my star rating is 4.7. I don't understand it. 

0 Likes

@TheMagickalNeedle

Star seller is based on your performance over the preceding 3 months. For the May badge, that's Feb, March, April. In that time you had just 3 reviews - 2 x 5 stars and 1 x 4 star. That is 14 stars in total, divided by the number of reviews, ie. 3. That makes 4.66.

You don't have any of the badges, so I assume you didn't make the sales totals in that time. 

2 Likes

@SoyfulScentzByRita   Sad to say this, but threatening to leave Etsy does not bother them one whit.   Dozens or maybe hundreds more will sign up as you sign out.

If you leave and find another venue that brings as much exposure and is as cheap and easy to navigate as Etsy, please pass than info along to the rest of us.

7 Likes

@SoyfulScentzByRita Other sellers are taking the time to respond to your post. Just because you may not like what someone is saying does not make it Ok to be rude.

13 Likes

@SoyfulScentzByRita 

Try sewing your mouth shut if you don’t have anything positive to say! Thanks. 

The seller you responded to has at least 10 years of experience selling on Etsy. You would be wise to listen to long-time sellers rather than throw out rude comments when they give you the facts. You also might want to follow your own advice if you don't have anything positive to say. Also keep in mind that sellers are buyers too and often purchase from shops they find on the forums.

5 Likes
CameraTopShop
Inspiration Seeker

Happened to me too. I guess they'll fix it soon. I have auto message on but I still didn't recieve the badge. Only message I didn't respond to was an offer to buy my account which I reported and placed in the spam folder.

1 Like
CameraTopShop
Inspiration Seeker

Quick edit: they fixed it 2 days ago. I'm star seller again. Didn't get a message or anything. The badge just appeared again. Never got a reaction to my complaint. At least it's fixed like I expected it to be.

0 Likes

Yea it’s ridiculous, I use to get Star Seller every month idk what’s happening or why but they need to do something. And wow offering to buy your account is wild, you should’ve replied maybe that one would’ve done it! Btw…I’ve never used the auto reply feature myself. 

0 Likes

Have you downloaded the messages CSV to see which one(s) Etsy thinks you missed? 

2 Likes

there have been quite a few threads lately about the message system lately ... e.g. messages going directly to spam, etc. But honestly, the best place to start is by downloading the message csv and using that to determine what Etsy based it's calculation on. The more details you have when you contact help, the more they can help you.

1 Like

Like others have suggested it may help to download the CSV report.  This will show what messages were marked as missed.  It may be possible to newly mark the missed message as spam.  This may help?  If not it doesn't hurt to try.   Etsy has been removing spam messages from the folders.  So changes have been made in this area.  Sometimes when changes are done errors can occur.  Recently there has also been many reported Etsy errors with messages too.  So a missed message does not necessarily mean a seller is at fault which is why the report may help.  It may be an Etsy glitch.  Also, check the shop and make sure it made the minimum required profit to qualify for the star.  This is part of the Star Seller Program calculation too.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.