I got my shop back!

I would like to thank everyone who helped me yesterday to bring attention to my shop. That was very scary to be so hopeless and not know what to do when someone has hacked you and trying to take your identity. It was heartbreaking. Etsy Support was in constant contact with me today trying to work this out and I finally was able to get back into my shop. Best feeling ever! @DaydreamBlackGlitter I hope that someone is working with you trying to get you your shop back, this was a total nightmare for me I cannot imagine going weeks dealing with this and not knowing what is going on.@t2afc8tpmxcuf4b8, @ModFabio Thank you so much for getting my case escalated and @CoquetteBath, @PlatypusDream@AnniebelloPaper,@Chilwolfart Thank you for bringing some awareness to my shop and for all the advice and help. 

Thank you to Everyone,

Jacqueline

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
23 Likes
15 Replies

Re: I got my shop back!

I am so glad you were able to get this straightened out,  what a relief it must be.

0 Likes
StitchyFrood
Conversation Maker

That's wonderful! Thank you for letting us know!

1 Like
ACertainFeel
Conversation Maker

Yes thanks for the update!  Terrifying. 

0 Likes

congratulations!

0 Likes
DollHeaven
Conversation Maker

That is wonderful news.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Great to hear Do you know how you got hacked or how someone got access to your account ?

0 Likes

Happy to have helped, even a little bit. Great that Etsy was on top of it and you're back!!

0 Likes

Can I ask if the hacker also changed your bank details and you got that bit sorted? I have the same issue (see another thread) - hacker has changed my bank details - my shop was suspended but after a lot of hassle I got it reinstated but I cannot change the bank details back to mine and Etsy have gone quiet.  I've no access to my funds and others are in the same position (one has had no money for 6 weeks) 

1 Like
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@Silvertangle  did you read this? Was it helpful?

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015654008-What-to-Do-if-You-Suspect-Fraud-in-Your-Etsy-Ac...

@ParrisDesignShop I'm sure it was a big relief for you. Good luck in the future.

1 Like

Thanks yes Ive done all the steps and got my shop back up and running.  its the reconnecting of the bank account I cant do as there is no edit button showing on the payment settings page.  Etsy just keep telling me its a technical issue and there is no timeframe for sorting it (not sure how much of this is true).  Meantime I cant get my funds. 

1 Like

I'm very pleased for you! 

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

So happy to hear this, Jacqueline!  About da-n time; NO Seller should go through this, let alone wait around to receive help.  

0 Likes

@ChillwolfArt yes it was stressing me out!! @Silvertangle as far as I can see my bank info has not been changed. But like you said there is no edit button. All I see is the last 4 of my account number and it is the same. But I really have no clue. I'm crossing my fingers that it is still my account. It make since that if they hack my shop they would change my payment info too. But I hoping they didn't but all I can see is just the last 4 digits of the account number and it matches mine, so I don't know.

2 Likes

Sounds like you might be ok if the number is still yours. I originally got an email from Etsy saying my bank account had been changed and that's what alerted me to the fact I had been hacked.  Its still shows the hackers last 4 digits. (although support assure me that NO bank account is currently linked).  You should have an edit button however, as what if you want to change to a different bank account?  What I am hoping is that maybe it vanishes for a few days after them restoring our accounts and it will eventually appear again? Who knows?!

1 Like
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

I am so glad to see a post like this!!! 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.