I am SO over the Problems with the app and the fact Etsy is doing NOTHING

Back in September I was having problems with when I created a listing using another listing… It wouldn’t save the information….it took them weeks to fix that!!

Then, once that was fixed, it would not let me take photos through the app anymore, I had to take the photos of ahead of time on my own camera, and then upload them into the app!! 

Seeing as how Christmas is coming and I have about 600 listings that I should’ve already had listed, I started just taking the photos ahead of time and uploading them, until recently when the photos that I was uploading …uploaded sideways!!!!! So I have to edit each and every one now to put them back straight as they are in my camera. So much time wasted!!

The amount of money I am losing from this technical team who seems to have no clue what’s going on ..is immeasurable. When I said something to customer support about that, they offered me $6.86 for my troubles  

I am beyond frustrated!!! I have $15,000 worth of merchandise I need to get listed before Christmas. I have over 400 listings in my store and I have about 600 more than I need to get done in the next week or two. 

Etsy is NOT holding up their end of the bargain and they’re not doing anything about it to help the people that they’re hurting!!

What is another platform that I can start moving all of my listings to? I have only had a store now since this summer and since that time it has been nothing but technical issues costing me so much money and time.  

I have other businesses in real life and I have never had to deal with situations like this. This is Etsy fault and they’re doing nothing to reimburse their sellers for the money that they’re causing them to lose. I am not used to working with such amateurs. I have always loved Etsy as a customer but after reading some of these forums, it looks like Etsy is going downhill quickly because the sellers are so disappointed in how things have changed over the past few years. It’s only a matter of time before the customers die out if the sellers aren’t there. 

END. OF. RANT. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
6 Likes
37 Replies
nineteen27
Community Maker

Re: I am SO over the Problems with the app and the fact Etsy is doing NOTHING

stop using the app.

it is worthless.

use a pc and save yourself...

9382385899999 hours of grief.

32 Likes

Agreed. I use my Mac for doing everything except checking messages.

I didn't know we could take photos through the app. In fact, I just tried and couldn't figure it out.

8 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@VintageRescueSquad me too. I guess I'm 'old skool' but I use my desktop Mac for everything except messages and the occasional relist which I do via the website on my tablet. I uninstalled the Seller app as it was making the tablet run slow. 

3 Likes

Yes we used to be able to do listings from start to finish on the app. Then someone really did a number on it. Like I said it would take me about 5-7 mins per listing tops. 

I selected this platform based on that because I just done have time  for anything that would take longer. 

This is a smaller business for me but one that I enjoy. If I can’t be expeditious about listing- I won’t be able to do it because my time is needed for running my other businesses. If that makes sense 

1 Like

Yep.  Don't use the app.  Use a pc.  Pretty much problem free.  Use the old listing form, not the new.

12 Likes

Using a pc would take even longer. I would shut my shop down before I’d do that. Ugh. 

1 Like

@TheEtherealMenagerie: "Using a pc would take even longer." Have you tried using your mobile browser? Many people say the experience is less frustrating and more productive than using the app.

4 Likes

@TheEtherealMenagerie  I don't use the app with the exception of receiving notifications.  But, I do use the mobile browser to access my shop when I'm on the go.  I'd suggest trying this?

I typically use my Mac too.  I prefer doing business on a laptop or desktop.  

3 Likes

Yeah, I think that’s where I’m headed at least for now until I possibly go elsewhere. I’ll use the browser on my phone, I don’t really have any other choices at this point.

2 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

It's frustrating for sure. I've never used the App (won't do it). But so many have said it is glitchy. And from what I've read, is less functional than the Seller App we had before. Which is kind of like the new listing form. For the life of me, I don't understand why something new is introduced, yet it is not more streamlined with better functionality than what was discontinued.  It doesn't make sense for the new thing to go backwards. But what do I know.

14 Likes

@ChillwolfArt wrote:

For the life of me, I don't understand why something new is introduced, yet it is not more streamlined with better functionality than what was discontinued. 

IMO it had to be a cost issue.  The new app that sucks must be a lot cheaper to maintain, otherwise it makes no sense.

3 Likes
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

@TheEtherealMenagerie 

I have the app for the cha Ching. ( that honestly doesn’t work very well!) if you don’t have a PC  then use a browser window on your device. 

there is no rule about using the app. Lots of us just don’t. 

7 Likes

I have a PC but taking pictures, and then uploading them to a PC only to have to upload them to the listing would take forever

I was averaging about five minutes per listing and that’s with nine photos and a video. 

The only thing that seems logical is to use a browser on my phone I think. 

using a PC seems so archaic to  me I just wouldn’t have time for that- making the listing process quick is why I joined Etsy to begin with. So disappointed someone went and sh*t fingered the app. it was fine. 

2 Likes

I firmly believe in the saying.......Do not switch horses in the middle of the stream unless you KNOW the horse you are swithcing to is reliable, sure footed and will not buck you off.....especially, if you can't swim....Don Willett

3 Likes

I know! Who messed the app up and why has it taken months to still not straighten it out. 

Someone was in over their head. I hope they got some competent people in there to fix it finally. 

1 Like
FruteJuce
Conversation Maker

I have my Mac and phone linked so when I take photos they are automatically on my Mac within around 15 seconds. I can then lighten etc. and upload to my listing. My eyesight ain't what it used to be so I prefer my big screen. 

9 Likes

That sounds like you have a great set up for what you need. 

I use my laptop four times a year when I do invoices for one of my companies. Otherwise I never use it and I’m grateful for that. lol. I do everything on my phone. If quickbooks had an easy way to do accounting on my phone I’d get rid of the laptop altogether. lol 

2 Likes
BazzysHouse
Conversation Maker

I need to do this, I upload on phone then finish listings while watching TV. Would be quicker

2 Likes

I do this too.  I love that all my systems are linked!  It makes things so much easier.  Especially since editing requires a larger screen.

2 Likes
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

@FruteJuce 

Good to know-- was hoping that was true.. My windows laptop is old and dying.. have talked myself into a MacBook.. just for the ease of listing really. My iPad is ok-- but I think the bigger screen will be better. Right now it is a PITA to take pix on my iPhone and get them to my laptop to adjust. lol.

2 Likes

I'm with the others, who mainly have the  app for sound notifications - and for me, quick edits on inventory when something sells elsewhere.  The mobile browser site is 90% identical to the desktop/computer version.

6 Likes
BazzysHouse
Conversation Maker

OP

Save yourself the headache. Sign into Etsy from Google -- then you can upload your photos and complete most of the listing. I do this and finish on laptop. Two step may seem crazy but I find its faster for myself. 

Either way do not use app. 

3 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Apps are far too limited to manage your store 100%. I don't know how people use them to get anything done. Then again I've only barely started shopping/browsing the internet on my phone. Such small screens and harder to do everything, not to mention keyboard shortcuts. Guess I'm pretty old school. (amazes me that some people don't own a pc and do everything from their phone)

As for alts, there is amazon. But their app is worse, can't sell vintage there, and I don't recommend it for new sellers with expensive items.
There is ebay. Good for vintage. Not sure what their app is like as I find apps too limited and nearly useless...
Other than that there are small websites that are not likely worth the time it takes to list. 

Everyone has their own process. I edit images on the PC in photoshop. Phone editors are too limited. As for uploading images. You can use phone link to quickly copy over images, upload them to drop box in bulk and download, or quickly connect and transfer via usb cable. Since you can transfer dozens or hundreds at once I don't see how that would take more time. It's one and done. Then listing is way faster/easier. 

3 Likes

You can sell vintage on Amazon, but like everything else, they have strict guidelines, and their fees are high.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.