CaryCleadesigns
Inspiration Seeker

How to market in USA as print on demand

How does a designer fro South Africa doing print on demand focus on an American market. As all printing and shipping is done there?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
16 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: How to market in USA as print on demand

Social media

0 Likes
CaryCleadesigns
Inspiration Seeker

I am using tiktok and making my location USA. Is this what you mean?

1 Like
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

4 Likes
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

"making my location USA."

The shop location should be where YOU are physically located, even if your items are shipped from a US_based POD company

The "ships from" location should accurately state where the item is actually shipped from

2 Likes
CaryCleadesigns
Inspiration Seeker

My Etsy shop is set as South Africa.  But my tiktok views are mainly South African. I'm asking how do I promote so that the USA market can see my shop and Tiktoks

0 Likes

I believe that Tiktok algorithm is set this way, they show your videos primarily to the local people

0 Likes

First, understand this isn't a technical issue. This particular forum is for when there are actual technical issues. 

Then work on your shop focusing on making the listings optimal for anyone to find, worry about marketing to the US audience after. Right now no one anywhere is going to find your shop and your listings with how you've set it up. 

2 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

I'm wondering if the critique section isn't available to everyone even if they are signed in.

@CaryCleadesigns you should ask for a shop critique here:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true/board-id/shop-critiques

If you aren't able to access it, contact etsy and let them know.

1 Like
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

@LastCentury 

I gave her a long detailed critique on how to improve her shop yesterday

So far she hasn't implemented any of the suggested changes

so TVP?

4 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

oh cheeses.

@CaryCleadesigns looks like @Marmalady took the time to give you A+++ good advice here:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Marketing-Your-Business/South-African-Designer-print-on-demand-How-do-...

don't let it go to waste. It will certainly help big time towards being found anywhere.

1 Like

@Marmalady I saw your recommendations. I agree, they were spot on and the OP should really read them and take them to heart instead of making more posts. 

@LastCentury  I did make the assumption that they do have access to the other sections because they posted in a different section yesterday. Neither section was really correct for what they actually need (a critique), but it does appear they can access more than just the technical section. 

2 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

I see that now. It seemed to me after the recent forum changes there have been a number of newbies posting in Technical Issues when their issues have not been technical. I have coffee now.

1 Like

All good - that would have been my first thought as well had I not seen Marmalady's link to yesterday's post first and noticed it was in a different section. I also attribute it to currently being on my 3rd cup of coffee. Ha!

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

0 Likes

To market the items, I suggest asking for a shop critique as we are prevented from shop critiques outside that section of the forums.  You want your items to found.   Tags titles and descriptions are lacking.

Your items are being shipped globally so you need to market to everyone.  Use your Tiktok as they allow to market your items.  Whether or not your items will be seen on TikTok in the US depends on our government.  They are voting to make changes to TikTok presence.

Marketing is slow growth.  Learning what is best for your business.  Do you have any local business help that you can turn to for advice?

0 Likes

@CaryCleadesigns: Putting aside the fact that TikTok may soon be banned in the US, you need to diversify your social media exposure unless you think that your target market is only on TikTok. The advice from @Marmalady is very comprehensive. Some additional things to consider - despite all of the YouTube 'advice' print on demand is NOT a set it and forget it business, in some ways it requires more work and time than other niches because of the oversaturation and requires a lot of research to determine what are salable designs. You need to stand out. You need to drive you own traffic and sales so that the algorithm learns that people want what you are selling. In your crowded niche, you could conceivably have to expend a lot of effort before you see any return.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.