Hey Pattern Users - Pattern Site not showing pictures

Jump to solution

I signed up for Etsy Pattern a couple months ago and copied all my listings in Etsy so I could edit the description. So I do not share the same listing on Etsy and Pattern. Well, I just went on Pattern to see how it looks and I have no pictures on the listing that are exclusively on Pattern. Do you share the listings or keep them separate?  

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hey Pattern Users - Pattern Site not showing pictures

Jump to solution

@SignsofaDaydreamer I notice this only happens with items listed on pattern only and not on Etsy. If you have items listed both on Etsy and pattern the pictures will show up. If you take a listing you have on pattern and list it on Etsy as well the pictures will all of a sudden show up in your pattern site. I shut mine down cause a week of this and no fix or response from etsy is just rediculous and quite frankly unprofessional!

View solution in original post

5 Likes
33 Replies

Jump to solution

There is no tech support for Pattern, nor is it tended to.  This is just one reason I discontinued my Pattern subscription. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

youre not the only one experiencing this. Myself and other sellers with pattern websites are having the same issues. Its been like this a week now.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@SignsofaDaydreamer I notice this only happens with items listed on pattern only and not on Etsy. If you have items listed both on Etsy and pattern the pictures will show up. If you take a listing you have on pattern and list it on Etsy as well the pictures will all of a sudden show up in your pattern site. I shut mine down cause a week of this and no fix or response from etsy is just rediculous and quite frankly unprofessional!

5 Likes
atthelittlejetty
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing this problem. It is a recent issue. All of my older listings are visible only the more recent photos aren’t showing!!! I have reported it as a technical bug but am still waiting to hear back. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@atthelittlejetty its been happening for over a week now 

2 Likes
ClosetGothic
Community Curator

Jump to solution

I’ve just ditched Pattern. I had the Pattern site right since the beginning but it has become pretty awful to have lately. This problem is bad. Also, Bot views through the roof and not sifted out of stats renders Stats useless. 

The final straw for me has been the enquiry messages where I can no longer see what the item is - I have to reply and ask potential buyer to please advise what item they are looking at. 

It’s not surprising that they don’t reply.

Unprofessional, no support; I’m out. 

6 Likes

Jump to solution

I just discovered this happening to our Pattern-only listings as well. Many of our items we sell on Pattern-only are licensed and we are not suppose to list them on Etsy per our corporate Licensing agreement.  But if the only way for pictures to show on my pattern listings is to also allow the listings on Etsy, then I am now forced to show my licensed items on Etsy.  For legality reasons, this means I am no longer able to sell my items on this platform and I must close my shop.  Looks like Etsy just strong-armed me off their site - which to be honest, I've been meaning to do. 

Side note, I've been wondering why I've seen such a drop in sales of my licensed items.  Now I know why.  This should be illegal.

4 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing this problem - and it's pretty annoying because I cannot list my pattern only item. No point in listing items without photos.  Has anyone gotten any update on this besides the standard "we are looking into it" ?  

3 Likes

Jump to solution

no updates and no change

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes, it is pretty clear that Pattern isn't really supported by Etsy any more. I have switched platforms and will refute the next (and final) pattern bill. I don't want to pay for a faulty service, the whole point of pattern is the ability to list non-Etsy items. 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I have not experienced this.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@YarnShop4U do you have all your listings on Etsy and pattern?. If so you wont experience this as Its only the ones that are listed on Pattern and not on Etsy that the photos wont show up. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I currently only have one that isn't in both locations. It's a reserved listing that was copied from a regular E/P listing and I set up sometime this month... guess that person doesn't want it anymore - 125 scissors did seem a bit odd to me.

EDIT: I just created a Pattern only listing from scratch and see all 4 pictures that were added. @SignsofaDaydreamer , give me a hint what to search for of your pattern only listings and I'll see if it it shows multiple pics on my end (??)

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Do you have any listings that are only on pattern?

If your listings are on Etsy and Pattern simultaneously the images load on the product page.

But if you change your listing to pattern only or create a new pattern listing the preview (gallery listing) image loads, but none of the images on the actual product page loads. Its been like this for roughly 4 weeks.

1 Like

Jump to solution

same here the pattern only listings wont load and ive contacted Etsy 3 different times and over the past month its been like this and got no response so i cancelled my pattern website. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The only thing I can assess is that it is possible it is the layout that is selected that is causing the problem. I am using the trellis design so no swiping to get to more pictures.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

thats possible ill try another design and see if it makes a difference

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@YarnShop4U you were right it was the design i tried a few others and it did the same thing but then i tried the trellis design and they are there thats so weird 

thanks for the suggestion

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Seems about right! Hey at least there's a work around; though I did like the way your shop looked

1 Like

Jump to solution

Mine wasn't working, and I changed it to trellis design and now it's no problem. I did like the other design better, but if they can't see the pictures, what good would it be?  Thanks for the idea to change to trellis! 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Finally moved to Shopify because of this issue. 0 response from engineers after about a dozen chats. Etsy support is abysmal!

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I have just been notified about this issue by a customer, no wonder my pattern sales have been very slow lately. I wanted to offer different things on 'my website' (pattern) but this problem makes it impossible. I think it is a way of getting us to list on etsy where the fees are higher...... OK, I think I'm going to ditch pattern too

1 Like

Jump to solution

It is criminal that they charge for a service and do not even support it. I got rid of it after a month or 2 because it kept popping "suspicious site" warnings anytime someone entered. A venue that doesn't even load your photos? Why stay?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

If the URL isn't typed starting with https:// at the start it will give you the security warning.

So it would be https://YOURSHOP.patternbyetsy.com 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.