HHHHEEELLLPPP!!! Cannot upload photos from my android tablet camera gallery to etsy draft listing..

HHHHEEELLLPPP!!! Cannot upload photos from my android tablet camera gallery to etsy draft listing..

Has anyone run up against this?

I searched for posts BEFORE posting here and found nothing to do with this ...

Here is my situation....

I take photos for my shop with a small Canon. Then scan the pix onto Dell desktop and adjust them via photoshop, them save them to an external harddrive. Next step, I plug external harddrive into an asus laptop and add photos to draft listings. Never had a problem until my asus says it not online, although settings show that it is. This means I cannot access Etsy. Also, my Android  tablet does not have a USB port for my external harddrive. So, experimented with taking a few photos with my Tablet with the intention to add photos directly to Etsy draft listing. I am able to add photos from my android tablet camera gallery to FB, Skype, & emails but when I Select to add photos to an Etsy draft nothing at all happens...nothing opens up to take me to where I can select photos to add. What this means is I cannot move forward with listing Items and I am desperately hoping somewonderfulone will know what is needed to sort this out. Thank you!!!!!

Ps..I do not use the Etsy app. 

I am happy to answer any other questions I haven't thought of.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
18 Replies
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

Betreff: HHHHEEELLLPPP!!! Cannot upload photos from my android tablet camera gallery to etsy draft l

Have you tried signing out and then clearing all browser/cache settings then signing back in? 

0 Likes

Betreff: HHHHEEELLLPPP!!! Cannot upload photos from my android tablet camera gallery to etsy draft l

@SunnytyDE ,

Have you experienced the same problem of not being able to upload photos from an Android Tablet camera Gallery and found what you suggest to solve  the problem?

0 Likes
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

@ZhennelandTreasures  Not specifically problems with a Android tablet but clearing the cache or trying a different browser solves numerous problems if something doesn’t function correctly. 

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: HHHHEEELLLPPP!!! Cannot upload photos from my android tablet camera gallery to etsy draft listin

Giving you a Bump.
Sorry, wish I could help.

1 Like

Re: HHHHEEELLLPPP!!! Cannot upload photos from my android tablet camera gallery to etsy draft listin

@SunnytyDE 

Thanks for getting back to to me! Appreciate that!

1 Like

Well, i would like to know if anyone at all is able to add item photos to draft listings via an adroid tablet? Is it even possible? I find it hard to believe that it is possible to add photos to Facebook, skype, and emails simply by selecting photos from your android camera gallery but not to Etsy. I feel I must be missing some crucial little bii of info. Please school me, if you know how to do this Thank you!

0 Likes

@ZhennelandTreasures I'm not sure how to resolve your issue, but I will confirm that I use an Android phone and tablet exclusively for listings.  I am able to easily add photos to either new listings or drafts from Google Photos or tablet Gallery.

Elaine

1 Like

I feel your pain!

I too, cannot seem to get photos taken with my Fire Tablet to my Etsy listings. I am going to watch this post with the hope someone knows the answer!

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

This is the only Thread I can find which mentions photos and Android (I've never used a tablet).  I don't know if this will be helpful or not.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Photography-Tips/Can-t-upload-pictures-to-listing/m-p/138861890

What I can tell you is, I've never used Draft.  I Renew >Edit or Copy >Edit.  If there are many edits to be made, I'll Deactivate the listing and make them.  Then Reactivate it.  If there are very few Edits to be made, I'll make them then Publish.  But I never touch Draft.  That doesn't help you though; you have used it all along.

1 Like

@MyOldWhiskeyWorkshop, Elaine,

I am just now seeing your comment and it is like a big  positive  ray of sunshine coming round the bend! I am feeling hopeful..how would you feel about a little phone consultation? If you are amenable to that, please message me and let me know what timing is good and I will send you my #.

Thank  you!

Zhenne

0 Likes

@ImGlassyEyed . I'll make a point of sharing any answers I come up with.

0 Likes

I appreciate you trying to help. Nothing in the link you att'd was relevant. Thank you anyway.

1 Like

Can you not upload the photos from your desktop or laptop? That seems like an awful lot of steps to go through. 

3 Likes

@AnchorRoadVintage , Yes. It is certainly a lot of steps to go thorough!  And exactly as I explained it  step-by-step,  And now, I cannot even do that....

My Dell lost the ability to access the internet some years ago...Etsy no longer supported XP. I continued to use it to upload photos from my Canon camera of my art, photography, and shop photos. I save all my photos to an external harddrive after editing via PhotoShop installed on my Dell. I save all images I create on harddrive. Well my Dell went belly up some years ago, I was  donated used a laptop to be able to get online, for all my purposes. The  only way to accesss my photos was via my External hard drive.  Then I got a tablet to work on Etsy drafts after uploading photos from hard drive. Then recently my laptop keeps saying I am not online,  even though SETTINGS says that I am and my tablet is online at the same location. I have spent hours with tech support ATT as well as ASUS to no avail.  Long story longer, the saddest part is I thought I could at least upload photos from my tablet camera gallery to Etsy draft (even if lesser quality) until I can afford a new laptop,  but it doesn't seem doable  to upload photos from table camera gallery to Etsy after all and there is no port for my External Harddrive on my tablet. So, it seems to me like a very strange and unexpected plot twist. I love my Etsy shop and been happy and grateful to take whatever extra steps may have been necessary to keep it going on.

0 Likes

Ah, got it. I hope you find a solution! 

1 Like

@AnchorRoadVintage , thank you!!!

0 Likes

When you click on "add a photo" it is supposed to open the system's file manager. If I understand you correctly this works on other sites just not Etsy and you do not get any error message. If that is the case, a possible culprit is the javascript (for example it does not like the browser version or the operating system version) although it is strange that there is no error message.

0 Likes

@BagmakerSupply , YES, you do indeed understand me correctly and It is still unresolved! So it looks like until I am able to get to an ATT store and hopefully have a tech there take a look at my Samsung tablet and figure this out, I will be unable to list new items. And tbat is terribly disappointing!

And thank you for your thoughts on what could be the problem,  perhaps it could lead to a solution? I will share your comment the ATT.

Maybe, since I have posted this to Technical Issues, an EtsyTech will happen along here with some helpful info...fingers crossed emoji!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.