[This content has been removed by Moderation. We ask that you please review Section 1, Item 1 of our Community Policies before posting in the Forums.]

cathyconnolley
Conversation Maker

Re: Got this frightening message, feels like a phishing scam, not sure where to post security issues

Yes the "remotely accessed computer" was quite amusing.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
SVGRox
Conversation Maker

Re: Got this frightening message, feels like a phishing scam, not sure where to post security issues

Etsy should be using bots to autospam/block these messages

1 Like

Yes! I got the exact same message today ! Scam vibe for sure!

0 Likes
YNFShop
Inspiration Seeker

I got the same message today. It sounded extremely sketchy, so I ignored it.

Stay safe, everyone!

0 Likes

maybe they got  the "remotely accessed computer" idea from Etsy research team (or something like that) who were emailing sellers a week or so ago asking for remote access to sellers' computers and requiring disabling firewalls and anti-virus software.....

0 Likes

I got the same message in my new upcycle shop. It seems they are targeting new shops. I just put it in my spam folder. 

0 Likes
LkleinArtstore
Inspiration Seeker

i got the same message but from some one called Anne and the scammer was sent an LA area code phone number. they were trying to get me to hand over my shop for $30 a week. Anne and James might not be the only scammers. plus scams like that are just trying to steal info like debit/credit card info, your location, and etc.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.