Got this frightening message, feels like a phishing scam, not sure where to post security issues..

[This content has been removed by Moderation. We ask that you please review Section 1, Item 1 of our Community Policies before posting in the Forums.]

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
6 Likes
31 Replies

Re: Got this frightening message, feels like a phishing scam, not sure where to post security issues

@LLUUNNEE 

Yep, there have been a few other posts about that one. Just mark it as spam and move on. 

9 Likes
CrockerGoods
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Got this frightening message, feels like a phishing scam, not sure where to post security issues

I have partnered with them, and I can monitor their operations on the store at any time. However, I feel that the money they pay me is too little. But it's not bad since I don't have to do anything. Haha.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Thank You for sharing the Heads Up.  Put "James" to the flames; Mark as Spam!  I'm glad you did not click. There has been an infestation of scammers, targeting new Sellers as well as seasoned ones.  Etsy has an Announcement pertaining to Scams at the top of the Forum page.  And there is a link to it inside our Seller Dashboard "Tips for..."  Stay safe!  

7 Likes
BazzysHouse
Conversation Maker

Its spam I have gotten it twice. 

1 Like
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

Ignore it, mark it as spam. This one seems to have been rehashed over the last few days.

0 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

Scam. Spam.

2 Likes

LOL, yes.  Spam the scam.

0 Likes
PWOriginals
Conversation Maker

"All you need to provide is an internet connection and a computer that can be remotely accessed."

Seriously??? It's hard to imagine any online seller falling for that, but ... you never know.

5 Likes

you'd think, right?

0 Likes

"James" not avery solid business approach. I really think this crap is cruel for a minute you imagine how exciting it would be to have what they are offering and then the let down when you think twice. Your work is really good. May you have a wonderful and wise holiday season. Sorry this happened.

0 Likes

so 'James' is now 'helen@'....

multiple personalities...LOL.

3 Likes
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

I got the same message, I marked it spam. That was it.

2 Likes
RevatiMockups
Inspiration Seeker

So many scammers, got the same message as well.

0 Likes
ExtremeCreation
Conversation Maker

They are actually bold enough to state "All you need to provide is an internet connection and a computer that can be remotely accessed." What????

I'd laugh hysterically while clicking the spam button!

1 Like

I got this same message. 

0 Likes

For $100/week, I'll get all your financial and personal information and take over your shop and your computer. Uh, yeah. 

2 Likes
Raddiscocat
Inspiration Seeker

I got the same message!

0 Likes
IbbysBotique
Inspiration Seeker

I just received the same message.  I came here to see what to do.  I just replied ok, because I didn’t want a message to go against me by not replying.  

0 Likes

@IbbysBotique Since you responded with 'ok', that scammer might think you're on board with his plan.  He may send another message now.  You don't need to reply to these types of scam messages.  Just put it in spam and it doesn't count against you either.

3 Likes
ExtremeCreation
Conversation Maker

By marking a message as spam, it will not affect your star seller badge. 

2 Likes
IbbysBotique
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you! I didn’t know I could do that! 

1 Like

My motto would be: "Spam the scam"

1 Like
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

James sure do get around! On the second time he sent that same message to me, he said he was James but his profile name was...Jesus. LMAO!

Spam Scam Shazam!

I need a vacation.

1 Like

Hello, this is James! We have a highly professional operations team. We're reaching out to discuss the possibility of collaborating on operating a store. We'll pay you on a weekly basis, and you won't need to do anything in this regard. If you're interested, please contact us via email. Payment details: $100 every week Collaboration details: We'll handle store operations, shipping, post-sale services, etc. All you need to provide is an internet connection and a computer that can be remotely accessed. If you have any questions about the payment or any other matter, please reach out to us at support@coskytradellc.com. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

yep I got it too !! Weirded me out 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.