ColorrWay
Inspiration Seeker

Got a notification but no order

Jump to solution

So earlier today I got a notification on my iPhone from the sell on Etsy app saying “new order from (username)”. I quickly opened the app to see what had sold but there was no order there. I figured maybe it just hasn’t loaded so I left it alone. About an hour later I checked again and there was no order. The notification had also disappeared. I even checked through an iPad and it still didn’t show up. Later I swiped down on my iPhone and there was another notification saying “new order from (username)”. I opened the app and nothing. I tried through an iPad and nothing. I also checked my email several times and nothing has come. I’ve tried turning my phone off and on and also signing out and then back in. Is this happening to anyone else? And is there any way to fix this? Would appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Got a notification but no order

Jump to solution

@ColorrWay 

Check your shop manager for a cancelled order on a pc/laptop not the app. Notifications happen on the app for pending/processing orders but pending/processing orders do not show up on the app until they finish processing. So it's entirely possible to get a notification there but not see an order anywhere. If that processing fails they go to completed orders and will say not paid and canceled in red. They won't show up on the app anywhere. You have to check on a pc.

View solution in original post

1 Like
AmoreTreasure
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yesterday, I received a notification almost 2 days after the order came in.  Are you sure you aren't receiving notifications for "old" orders?

View solution in original post

2 Likes
10 Replies
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Sounds like the order initially cleared processing, but was subsequently picked up as a fraudulent purchase and quickly removed.  You will probably never know, Etsy does not discuss payments with sellers due to privacy laws.  You dodged a bullet, that is really all you need to know.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@ColorrWay 

Check your shop manager for a cancelled order on a pc/laptop not the app. Notifications happen on the app for pending/processing orders but pending/processing orders do not show up on the app until they finish processing. So it's entirely possible to get a notification there but not see an order anywhere. If that processing fails they go to completed orders and will say not paid and canceled in red. They won't show up on the app anywhere. You have to check on a pc.

1 Like
AmoreTreasure
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yesterday, I received a notification almost 2 days after the order came in.  Are you sure you aren't receiving notifications for "old" orders?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, I’m also frequently getting notifications for orders that are 24-72 hours past

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me.  Got a sale notification for an order that I shipped two days earlier.  Also got a several message notifications for messages that I had already received and answered days earlier.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I have had this happen the past few days as well. So just now I clicked on the alert so it would take me right to the order. Turns out it is an order that I already shipped. It was not a pending order either. The app must be behind on some alerts is all I have figured.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I should have added, it was an order from 2 days ago.

1 Like

Jump to solution

This has also been happening to me.

1 Like

Jump to solution

There are quite a few threads on this issue in this forum - general consensus is use a browser not the app for order management

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi There, this exact same thing is happening to me. I see the notification and then when I look at the shop it only shows completed orders. So annoying. If I check on the PC it is there, but not on the app.

Claire

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.