Good god - I wish Etsy would get one thing to work efficiently before they launch yet another.....

Start of rant!

Good god - I wish Etsy would get one thing to work efficiently before they launch yet another rubbish feature that doesn't work. .... The chat doesn't work after one question.  I am left hanging somewhere in the Etsy nightmare and no way to make reconnection. What a joke.

The bots are running the place - deactivated yet another listing in error and the oxymoronic "Support" is not available to remove the deactivation.  This is the most frustrating waste of my limited time. 

Such a waste of time to use the Share and Save link that is only useful for a limited time and always outmanned by the mandatory Etsy off-site ad monster, the fee added is additional and extremely large fee on the listing (which would be okay) but the addition 12%  fee is included on postage which has become cost prohibitive and small home based shops often simply cannot absorb the fee when they are paying Etsy for shipping costs that Etsy has provided absolutely no benefit effort - nothing. OINK!

Unfair reviews from witless buyers who don't or can't read - there should be some box that buyers have to check that they have read, understood and accepted the shop policies and their own choices. And even when buyers contact you to say the item turned up a day later than expected, there is no way for them to modify the terrible review.

The new streamlined updated and improved (NOT ANY OF THESE THINGS!!!!?????!) listing platform is so totally less effective and limited than the "old version" -- the constant experiments with moving descriptions and providing links that don't work. It will feel good when I stop banging my head.

End of rant!  What has happened to Etsy?? It makes me sad.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
43 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Good god - I wish Etsy would get one thing to work efficiently before they launch yet another...

I should have said - no way for them to change their review if the seller has posted a public reply. Not sure if there is a time limit on that or not.

1 Like

Re: Good god - I wish Etsy would get one thing to work efficiently before they launch yet another...

Yes, that's why I often wait at least a week before I respond to any reviews. Partly to make sure I'm in a calm mind space, and partly just in case the situation changes. 

4 Likes
MouseGarden
Conversation Maker

1.  The "new listing experience", something sellers use every day, doesn't work properly.  I always have to leave it for the old one.  There are just so many things it doesn't do yet, or isn't doing properly.  At one point it wouldn't save changes to shipping profiles but I didn't realize that at first.

2.  The testing has so far shortened titles, hidden description, tried to lure buyers out of my shop with the black box of confusion, put a link out of my shop on the very first photo, and given buyers my photo slot about flat rate shipping as first photo in search instead of the photo I chose (making me look incompetent). 

None of these were announced, I had to find out about them on the forum.  Imagine you park your car every morning, which you are trying to SELL,  but someone keeps moving it, taking out the windshield, painting it neon green with purple stripes, replacing the tires with yellow cushions, taking out the seats, making the steering wheel hard to find by stuffing it in the trunk. 

The buyers who come by to look at the car see it and wonder what is wrong with the owner that they would be doing things that make no sense, but the owner does not know it is happening.  The least Etsy could do with testing is warn people so they aren't the last to know.  It would be nice if they didn't try to test everything at once.

42 Likes
NickiesNest
Conversation Maker

The "new streamlined" listing page isn't even that new anymore, and yet is still unfinished.  Etsy seems to have lost interest in it and moved on to the newest toys--the Share and Save and now, the pricing "helper".

14 Likes

I'm loving these posts!  Steering wheel in the trunk! haha!

8 Likes

I agree with the OP.   It is important for sellers to speak up about what they experience.  It's hard to deal with low sales, lagging stats, and the cheerleader messages about how to optimize your sales for the upcoming holidays.  ( ads and sales )

11 Likes

Oxymoronic support!  Witless buyers! haha!! 

I'm sure your post was not meant to be humorous but I did enjoy reading your rant and agree with all the points you have made. 

2 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

@MouseGarden  I love your "car" description ... spot on!

2 Likes

It's so depressing, I've lost most of my motivation. I've got a shred of dignity left and am trying to chip away at getting more listed but I feel like you do, OP, so upset and frustrated. I just want to have my little shop and have a few sales to help supplement my income with minimal buggery.

I believe this is them amping up their testing and pushing code and whatever other masterminded ideas they get this time of year before they give us our "break" before the holidays.

8 Likes
IndigoandLuxe
Conversation Maker

Now imaging paying Etsy $30,000 in fees every year and having to talk with bots that keep repeating the same automated message over and over for weeks instead of a human being. Even your cell phone carrier that you only pay thirty bucks to every month talks to you in person. Welcome to the club, at least you're not alone and there are thousands of us in this together

4 Likes

I am not sure where you are. I am in USA. I do not deal with the bot. Today I just had Etsy call me to talk to a real person. The called me in less than three minutes to answer my question. 

The help assistant bot to me is like every other helping bot. Mindless and usually fruitless in solving anything but a very simple basic problem. 

0 Likes
RiversEdgeRelics
Conversation Maker

When I opened my shop 10 years ago, Etsy was simple, efficient, and fun.

Now it's a giant pain in the you-know-what.

I'll take "Yellow Cushions" for $100.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.