Glitch with leaving 1-5 star reviews

I've had customers who are accidentally lowering my review score because they are attempting to leave 5 stars reviews but are actually leaving less but either don't realize it or don't know how to fix it when they do realize it.  This glitch has been going on for a long time and I think I read elsewhere it is a glitch when a review is left on the etsy app rather than a computer - but it affects my overall score and reputation and there is no way for me to fix it.  

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
6 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Glitch with leaving 1-5 star reviews

I always leave my reviews via the Etsy buyer's app and never had a problem.

1 Like

You can walk a buyer through how to change the rating. It's quite easy. Help Center has instructions, if you need them. You can even send the link to the buyer.

I had that happen once, with a buyer who meant to leave 5 stars, but it showed up as 2. She said it wasn't the first time it happened on her mobile. She fixed it as soon as I contacted her.

1 Like

A year or two ago I tried walking a customer through it and she could not understand what I was saying lol.  She sent me a convo saying she meant to leave me 5 stars and it was a 2 star.  It never was fixed.  I find that most customers that experience this glitch are doing so because they are not very tech savvy (like ME) lol so they don't know how to fix it after the fact for sure.

0 Likes

Hello their. I have also had this problem with few customers. They said the stars flicker so fast then they went to correct it and it got stuck again. And it has stayed stuck. Had a customer contact me to say they were trying to leave feedback and wrote their feedback then clicked done and it dropped everything saying no feedback required or something. Feedback window was open as l then checked with esty but sadly that customer was unable to leave feedback. I gave the details esty gave me for customer to report but customers don't want these problems. This customer was worried lm loosening out on feedback but it would appear hard for them to contact anyone.  I went to leave feedback on a purchase on a shop and same happened to me. The stars were flickering so fast and got stuck but luckily l was able to correct it for that shop. It is a glitch. 

1 Like

You are right, customers don't want or need these problems.  I rarely contact them about stars but recently with a select few I did contact them, one said she meant to leave me 5 stars (and it looks as though etsy has fixed that review).  Another left me a 4 star review with a glowing statement but then bought something else and left me a 3 star review on the 2nd item. So I contacted her about the 2nd item and she fixed it saying she didn't mean it to be less than 5.  I never bothered her about the first one so that remains a 4.  I try to leave them be but this is a definite glitch and I hope etsy is paying attention.

0 Likes

I have noticed this, when you select 5 stars and then if you accidentally move the cursor around anywhere on the screen it can remove the stars. It’s too sensitive 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.