When customers complete the gift message option, only the first line of their message prints.

So, for example a message like:

'Happy Birthday Anne
love, James'

only shows as 'Happy Birthday Anne' on the order when printed out to enclose in packaging.

This really needs to be fixed please.

Re: Gift message only printing first line

Yes, same problem here. I have gift message enabled. Even if you type  a personalized note under the message area when printing it up it won't print up the message you type out either. It will only work if you do that when they do not leave a gift message.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Still not fixed…

1 Like

This  just happened with one of my orders that has a gift message. I thought the customer had not included her name and was just about to message her, but noticed that her name was there in my orders on the second line. So I printed out my own gift message.

0 Likes

Since Etsy changed the gift messaging I've been hand writing the message on the back of a 4x6 print card. I noticed on Etsy Success Instagram they posted yesterday about handwritten notes from sellers. Maybe this is a little push?

0 Likes

That is absurd for us to write hand written gift notes, when the buyer writes a note. I sign all my orders anyway and most with notes. But a gift to go buy  note cards for this company? Ridiculous.... the amount we pay and Etsy just continues to slide downward in quality!! Again.... they do not seem to care either. 

0 Likes

Still won't print out who the gift is from. I have been making my own gift message cards. I do like mine better.

1 Like
WantableDesigns
Conversation Maker

I've disabled gift messages until this is fixed. It's a really poor show from Etsy.

1 Like

Let's hope this is a sign that they're re-doing the gift packing slip to actually be helpful for the selling packing up the order, as every change they've made to it over the last few years hasn't felt like an improvement.

1 Like
WantableDesigns
Conversation Maker

This appears to be fixed. I've just got a gift message with three lines and it's printed all three.

Funny though as I turned off gift messages, just checked and it's still disabled, so no idea how they were able to leave one.

Fix one thing, break another I guess.

2 Likes

Still not working for me. It prints 3 lines but not the fourth line which states who the gift is from. 

0 Likes

Ok good, now it prints more than one line of the gift message, but doesn't like symbols.

My customer added a 'heart' symbol at the end of her message, but it appears as colon heart colon.

Also, can we not have the thumbnail of the actual item on the gift note? it kind of ruins the surprise.

So, yet again, I have to produce my own gift card.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.