Gift message not printing with who gift is from

Once the buyer enters their gift message, there is now a 2nd box for them to enter who the gift is from. What they are entering into that box is not printing on the gift message. Is anyone else having this problem and how do I fix it?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
11 Replies
TexasEngraved
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Gift message not printing with who gift is from

Yes, we just received one and the 2nd box where the buyer puts who the gift is from is not printing on the order page or on the gift page.  If I hadn't looked at the order on my laptop, I wouldn't have noticed that there was missing information.  Appears to be a glitch which Etsy needs to fix/address!  It will be a great feature once it's working correctly!!

1 Like

I've had this problem too, I reported it to Etsy and they said they've had no other reports! So they aren't looking into it and sent me a load of info about clearing caches, deleting cookies etc... 

Unfortunately if more people don't report it, it looks like it is unlikely to be fixed

0 Likes

I have also noticed this problem

2 Likes

This announcement posted on Tuesday from Etsy regarding changes made -

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/New-gift-teasers-lets-last-minute-shoppers-send-a-previe...

1 Like
DeshcaDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

I’ve had gift messages the same where it hasn’t printed who the gift is actually from!

0 Likes

Yes, I had this too. I handwrite my gift messages rather than print, and in the app, and the order email the names were missing, and it's only on desktop that they were visible.

0 Likes

Oh thank goodness its not just me!! I thought I was going mad! Suddenly, all my gift messages started displaying oddly and the "from" element doesn't print or show on anything I can print out. I only work on my desktop so it's not just an issue with mobile devices. Its incredibly frustrating but at least now I know I'm not going bonkers! 

0 Likes

I see it only printed the first line of the message that is shown under Gift Details.   The second line reads "-- Dean and Chris  " but in not printed on the label.

0 Likes
SewBeStitching
Inspiration Seeker

Same issue here. I didn't notice the entire message inputted by the buyer did not print out. Buyer left a negative review because the gift recipient didn't know who the gift was from. I wish this would get fixed. 

0 Likes

Some buyers don't want to say who it is from. It will only print if they choose to fill it in.

0 Likes
KnitByJC
Inspiration Seeker

I'm also having this issue. The first line of the message shows on the packing slip but the second line with the gifter's name is not printing on the packing slip. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.