Four of my Categories will not open in my region

For some unknown reason, These Categories - Knives / Pen / Pocket - Silver Items - Religious / Judaica  & Silver Plate / E P N S will not open to allow customers to view / Buy. It appears to be only metal items ,as in Religious / Judaica I only have two items the metal one I can not get in to, but the other one is wood and that opens fine.

I have reported this now twice to Etsy Support who say they will pass this on to the dept that deals with this sort of problem. in two days I have not heard from them.

I am not very impressed with the service I am not receiving.

Ken- Antiques et Cetera

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Four of my Categories will not open in my region

@antiquesetcetera1  :  DO NOT open a new issue or contact Etsy multiple times about the same issue (doing so closes the one you already opened and puts the new one on the bottom of the pile). Every eMail from Etsy support will have a link something like "I Still Need Help". Click on that link (or actually reply stating that you still need help) to keep the report alive. You may have to do this innumerable times, but once on each Etsy reply before anything is done but do not give up.

0 Likes

It's probably because of the category "knives".
Read more on these 3 threads I found:

On this 1st thread, see what craftycornishmaids wrote about the UK law regarding knives.

selling cutlery knives eg fish knives - Welcome to the Etsy Community

Bug. “Item not available in your region” - Welcome to the Etsy Community

Listings Misbehaving... - Welcome to the Etsy Community

As for waiting 2 days for a reply that's no long at all in Etsy land, you might have to wait weeks or months for a reply (if you even get one).

1 Like
Arcalliq
Community Maker

This should only apply to knives and only to customers in UK. If you have the word 'knife' anywhere in your titles and tags, buyers in the UK will not be able to open those listings nor purchase them.

Example of the usual 'subtleness' Etsy uses to deal with things.

1 Like

2 days, Ha Ha Ha. You will be lucky if Etsy responds in 10 days or more. Don't keep emailing them. If you don't reply via the I Still Need Help link in their reply, they will consider the 1st request resolved and consider the 2nd email a new problem which they will kick to the back of the queue waiting for answers. Then it might be another 10 days before they reply.

1 Like

Consider another venue for any item that resembles a knife. If it is illegal to sell in the U.K., then you have a final answer. I am sorry you have run into this troubling problem with antique silverware. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.