Forget stuck in pre-transit, now a transit has reverted back to pre-transit 24 hours later

Jump to solution

One of my orders got stuck in pre-transit again yesterday, spoke with customer support who said it would update within 24hrs.

move along an hour and it did update to transit, as it should because the tracking showed in the dashboard it had been scanned at least twice at the depot and by the driver collecting from the depot.

24hrs later

The parcel shows several more movements so only logical that in the Etsy dashboard it has been updated to.... Pre-transit!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Re: Forget stuck in pre-transit, now a transit has reverted back to pre-transit 24 hours later

Jump to solution

@CryzalisDesigns 

One fix that worked back when this bug was widespread a few months ago was to go in and manually change the last # of your tracking number, save it, go back and change it back. Wait a while. I think you can only do it if the package has not been delivered. hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Like
4 Replies

Re: Forget stuck in pre-transit, now a transit has reverted back to pre-transit 24 hours later

Jump to solution

I would not rely on Etsy's status.  Go to the website of your postal carrier to see what the situation is.  Remember, many orders remain in pre-transit long after they have been delivered!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have never relied on Etsy stats being correct or 100% functionable, but it is very important that they correct this as all parcels are sent registered and insured and as they do not fall under Etsy protection I do need everything to be up to date an correct.

My account with the couriers and postal services provide me with accurate tracking, updates and alerts but that does not mean anything when it comes to Etsy bots running the show

1 Like
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CryzalisDesigns 

One fix that worked back when this bug was widespread a few months ago was to go in and manually change the last # of your tracking number, save it, go back and change it back. Wait a while. I think you can only do it if the package has not been delivered. hope this helps!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thanks @CloversFinds  I have tried it will check in a bit

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.