PPGraficDesign
Inspiration Seeker

First order

Hi everyone,

I just got my first sale ,didn't plan ,just learning all about it.Now I received an email my customer couldn't download the files.I received an email from etsy confirming my first order.I had to answer with my email adress ,when I did i received a notification my email was not correspondig my etsy shop.I could't answer my customer either.Please can someone help me out?Thank you

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
16 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: First order

You have no orders in your shop. Any messages you got were all scams.

2 Likes
PPGraficDesign
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you so much for your reply as a newbie not so easy,did you get also an email from etsy for your first order to confirm you email?

0 Likes

Etsy HAS your email. Any  messages from "etsy" asking you to confirm your email are a SCAMMER.

1 Like
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

Scam. Send it to your Spam folder.

1 Like
PPGraficDesign
Inspiration Seeker

Are you sure,because I received an email from etsy telling me that my first order has been made,that I had to confirm my email adres en then follow the next steps to see if i am the owner, of the shop then i would see it on my shop as purchase?

0 Likes

@PPGraficDesign 
Everyone that has posted about this is 100% SURE! Why would sellers tell you it was a scam if it wasn't????
There's 1000's of threads about these scams going back to July 2023.

It's a SCAM!!!!!!
You didn't get your first sale. 

Etsy has YOUR email, you don't need to confirm it.

Etsy already knows you're the owner of the shop.

Etsy would NEVER send you a message like this ever.

If anything needs updating on your account, YOU will see a notice on your dashboard/finance page.
If nothing is there, nothing needs updating.

There's NOTHING on the HELP pages that state you have to do this crap to get paid.
How to Get Paid on Etsy – Etsy Help

That message was NOT from Etsy but from a scammer pretending to be Etsy so when you send your email, they'll send you to a FAKE Etsy site to enter in your bank/cc info and they'll STEAL your money.
Or they'll tell you that you have to use an American Express or Revoult card only to get your money. Payments are NEVER EVER sent to a card. It's all A SCAM!

If it was from Etsy that message would be in the "FROM ETSY" section (on a browser but not the latest app).

0 Likes
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Unfortunately scammers try to get your info by pretending to tell you that you have a sale and they cannot purchase so need email. You already gave that to Etsy they are trying to get you to take the supposed order off Etsy where they will say we need to verify the accounts to make sure you're a legit seller gives us your CC# and bank acct. # including how much you have in it, as you should have this amt. only reason for that is to make it worth while stealing it. When you get a sale it will show as a # on your dashboard, never take anything off of Etsy. If you read your mail by the app go to browser, and see in messages a "from Etsy" folder, any legit messages from Etsy will be there, if they are not and say from Etsy they are scammers. They try to get new sellers who don't know all the ins and outs to fall for these scams, and unfortunately many do.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@PPGraficDesign  No you don't get an email from Etsy to confirm you email.

1 Like
Marmalady
Conversation Maker

Read these :

New “From Etsy” section in Messages - Welcome to the Etsy Community

Solved: How to Spot a Scam - No a Buyer Doesn't Need Your ... - Welcome to the Etsy Community

Protect Your Account From Scammers - Welcome to the Etsy Community

Remember, Etsy already have your email and financial information, so you don't need to enter it again anywhere

If you have a genuine sale, it will appear on your Dashboard

1 Like
EightMileVintage
Conversation Maker

1 Like
PPGraficDesign
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for your reply

0 Likes
PPGraficDesign
Inspiration Seeker

I just don't understand if it is on your dashboard etsy and it would be spam ,how can you know when it is real?

0 Likes

@PPGraficDesign 

The easiest way to tell if the messages you're getting are legitimate:

Sign into Etsy using a browser, NOT the app.

On your dashboard you'll see a tab with "Orders and Shipping" - any legitimate sales will be in there.  If there is no number next to the "Orders and Shipping" tab, you have no orders.  (Also your storefront shows 0 sales).

Still signed into your account on a BROWSER, not the app, you'll see a tab that says "Messages".  If you click on that, the third tab from the top says "From Etsy".  If you are getting messages claiming to be from Etsy, but they are NOT in that "From Etsy" section of your messages, they are not legitimate Etsy messages.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes

@PPGraficDesign 

That message was NOT on your dashboard, it was on the MESSAGE page / inbox on your shop manager page.

2 different things.

Your shop manager has a LOT of options. Dashboard is one of them that keeps you up to date about your shop, message tab is another option (all on the left side of the shop manager page) and there's A LOT of other options.

That message was in YOUR inbox under the "message" tab on your shop manager page.

Just because it was there does NOT mean it's from Etsy.
Again, ETSY will never ask for your email, they have it, Etsy will NOT contact you if there's a problem with a buyer's payment.
They will NEVER EVER send you a link to click on to verify anything at all.

ALL of the above are ALL HUGE RED flags this is a SCAM, these crooks want to steal your money. 

Have you read any of the links other sellers have posted about all these scams?

If you get a sale It will show on your page ON your dashboard.
If NO sales are showing then there's NO order. It doesn't matter that that scam message says. It's all BS.
That's how you can tell it's real or not. 

0 Likes
LandKbeads
Conversation Maker

@PPGraficDesign  On your dashboard, in the sections that say "Orders" and "Revenue" those numbers will not be Zero if you just a sale. It does reset depending on how long you have your "Stats Overview" set to.

In addition if you click "Orders & Shipping" you should see your new orders there.

Etsy does NOT send you a message for an new order, you should get a proper email with details.

1 Like
cutebutton
Conversation Maker

The easiest way to tell if you have an order is to log into your Etsy account and look under the orders tab.  If there are no orders there then it’s a scam.

since on your shop it is not showing you have any sales then that was 100% a scam. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.