False Review Threats

Jump to solution

Hello. 
I have unfortunately become embroiled in a Twitter “beef” with a rather angry “lady”. Because of this she is threatening to leave a nasty review on my shop. She has purchased items from me. She made no mention at the time of them being in her words “in adequate”, this has all come about because of this Twitter thing.  I have screenshots of her threatening to leave the review, telling people I sell crap & threatening to post pics from Twitter here. 

Basically what I’m asking is, if she does leave the review, how can I get help? I know I could just reply to it & explain why it’s a bad review, but no one will really read that, they’ll just see what I assume will be a one star review & make their own minds up. Will Etsy help? Can they remove the review? It hasn’t happened yet and I’m hoping it doesn’t, but I want to know my options just in case. 

Thanks. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: False Review Threats

Jump to solution

I would have thought she was in breach of Etsy's rules herself and could risk having her account closed.  I would be minded to alert them now, as whether or not she posts a bad review, the very fact that she's threatening it should be enough to act.

What a horrible situation, I can't be of much help but I'd be interested to know Etsy's position. 

View solution in original post

4 Likes
8 Replies

Jump to solution

I would have thought she was in breach of Etsy's rules herself and could risk having her account closed.  I would be minded to alert them now, as whether or not she posts a bad review, the very fact that she's threatening it should be enough to act.

What a horrible situation, I can't be of much help but I'd be interested to know Etsy's position. 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

This interaction is happening on Twitter, not on Etsy (yet.)

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thankyou. I think I will contact them just to get things started in case this does happen.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

look for 'review extortion' on help pages.

1 Like
MyOrganisedHome
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@KnittyKittyWoolKraft

In the meantime remove any potential IP infringing items (baby yoga, Kenny, wizards etc) before Etsy start snooping around your account!

5 Likes

Jump to solution

How did an issue arise on Twitter? Just curious.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Honestly you don’t want to know, it involved body fluids!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I hope you get it sorted out. I agree with an above post. You have several infringing items such as Jean Luc Picard, Wednesday Adams and more.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.