Expected Delivery Date Not Realistic

Jump to solution

I received Order #1473736083 (Antique Hand-Colored Maritime Nautical Print Sailing Ship Framed Under Glass Small Stepped Frame) at 9:13 PM on Friday, June 14, 2019. Yesterday (Monday, June 17, 2019), I prepared to ship the order. I intended to use First-Class Mail, but I saw a red-text Delivery Alert that said the customer should expect the order to be delivered by June 18, 2019. This IS NOT A REALISTIC DELIVERY DATE! The post office was closed when the order was placed on Friday, and Saturday and Sunday are non-business days, so the earliest possible delivery date would be June 19, 2019. In the end, I sent the order via Priority Mail, costing me extra money. Why is the etsy shipping system set up in this way? Thank you for an advice you can provide.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Expected Delivery Date Not Realistic

Jump to solution

Hello! It looks like you responded to an older thread. In this situation, we encourage you to start a new thread with your question so you receive a more up to date response. Our community members would be more than happy to advise you, give you information or support. We’re closing this up. Thank you!

View solution in original post

1 Like
4 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

you can always extend the ship by date which will extend the delivery date

0 Likes

Jump to solution

One of the last items I purchased here on Etsy came from Canada so all bets went out the window on delivery date as far as I was concerned. Looked at your bakelite nail 'kit' & it said I should receive it by Saturday, 22nd. You're in Nebraska & I'm in Florida so not sure that's a close to accurate estimate by Etsy. However, your Shop's main page says Processing Time varies for each item & advises buyer to see details in item's description. Did not see a Processing Time for the kit. (Etsy used to give option of one to three days etc. to create, package up & get to USPS but maybe they don't anymore?) Would adjusting processing time help on the reflected Delivery Date?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I just packed an order that had come in a few minutes ago and I was already getting an alert that the customer was expecting the delivery a day before was even humanly possible. Like I packed it and had it in the mailbox within about 10 minutes of receiving the order. What in the world?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello! It looks like you responded to an older thread. In this situation, we encourage you to start a new thread with your question so you receive a more up to date response. Our community members would be more than happy to advise you, give you information or support. We’re closing this up. Thank you!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.