Excluding Germany shipping list issue.

Due to the new packaging law coming in soon in July, there is no way to exclude Germany from your send to list unless you do the pain staking solution of literally adding every single country you send to one by one.

Even if you exclude them from the EU countrys you send to they still come up on the "every where else" section, this should not be happening,  what is the point of having a seperate section for Europe in the first place  if those countrys are still being included in Everywhere else, there must be a issue there some where.

As Etsy could stop you selling all together if you have Germany showing on your send to list and you have not registered for the new LUCID registration number this really needs to get sorted out ASAP.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
7 Likes
32 Replies
MaynardMillinery
Conversation Maker

Re: Excluding Germany.

At least if they physically bar sales from Germany to non registered sellers then that does the job for us.

I use Everywhere Else and EU and yes you're right, it will move into the EE bracket if we manually price every EU country except it. The other option is to price it at £1000 for shipping alone. But, that's petty. We need to be able to X out individual countries like sellers in the US can with their calculated shipping. 

I've had a license for several years, due to Covid and brexit, it's been a complete waste of money so I cancelled it this year. They even try to make that hard too! 

4 Likes

@MaynardMillinery  if they did not show our items if we are not registered that would be a great idea, but you know Etsy, its always the sellers who suffer and they would just put our shops on vacation mode until we register.

I have now just got rid of every where else and Europe as its not worth the hassle until they sort this out , but really not happy about it as love sending out to Europe and to othe places around the world.

2 Likes
Circals
Inspiration Seeker

How do I even find the list of countries to include or exclude? I have looked at settings and delivery help but can't find out how to do this anywhere. 

2 Likes

you cant, you just have to add in all the places you want to send to, and that can take forever.

2 Likes
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

Betreff: Excluding Germany.

This is definitely an issue and I opened a ticket today with Etsy stating the problem. 
Since I’m located in Germany I can’t exclude that. (I would if I could). So I registered and paid the 8 bucks. But I do need to exclude France because even though I have a few sales to France paying 80€ is way too much in my opinion. 
Also from what I understand raising shipping prices for certain countries won’t get rid of the problem since even the intent to sell counts. 
Etsy needs to come up with a solution to just exclude countries fast. 

3 Likes

I tried raising my shipping cost for Germany last week to hopefully stop them buying and that did not work, still got an order through yesterday, but its a shame because i have a lot of Buyers from Germany.

As for France it seems they are going to be joining into this scheme to and Spain, so Etsy really does need to keep Europe seperate altogether.

1 Like

@SunnytyDE  so if your posting inland do you still have to register then?

0 Likes
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

@daisysjewellerygifts  Yes, all German sellers had to register. That started in 2019   already but I registered this year because honestly I didn’t even know about it. 
Also raising shipping prices won’t work because just offering something for sale to Germany and not being registered can incur a fine. 
This whole thing actually makes me really sad because there are less sellers every day who I can not buy from anymore because they won’t ship to me.

I would even think that most of those sellers would pay the 8€ a year if they wouldn’t make it so darn complicated. 

3 Likes

@SunnytyDE  wow i did not realise sellers from Germany had to register too, i thought it was just something to do with other countrys sending into your country had to register, and like you i did not even know anything about it until it started appearing in the Forums.

The whole thing is just a headache and Etsy are really not making it any easier with thier silly set up.

2 Likes
MaynardMillinery
Conversation Maker

@SunnytyDE Unfortunately, for sellers outside Germany, its not "just" 8€. I had to pay 40€ through Lizenzero. And that was for less than 1kg of paper packaging per year. 

3 Likes
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

@MaynardMillinery  If you use Reclay instead of Lizenzero it costs 8€ for about 10kg. They are the cheapest for small amounts. 

3 Likes
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

Yes, and there are so many threads on the forum today with the same problem. Who knows, maybe Etsy will surprise us and come up with an easy solution to uncheck certain countries from the shipping profile. <laugh>

5 Likes

i really hope so, but you know what they are like at sorting things out, it either does not get sorted or it takes forever, and as they only have a couple of months i really do not have much faith.

1 Like
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

Actually I don’t have faith either but hope never dies, right? LOL

I also hope the German government abandons this nonsense and goes the road like the UK does…..

2 Likes

I hope they scrap it too  as will miss all my German Buyers (sad face) and hope all the the countries out there do not start doing it also.

1 Like

@daisysjewellerygifts 

too late.  It's already in place for lots of other countries (has been for years and most are more expensive), it's a long list and more will follow. 

"As for France it seems they are going to be joining into this scheme to and Spain" - already done.  Starting the beginning of the year France has made even stricter rules.

2 Likes

@GlasstwigJewellery  I did read something about France and Spain and i think Italy was also mentioned, its not good.

1 Like

@daisysjewellerygifts 

all EU countries have the packaging laws to some degree, many have limits we would be under, but some have zero thresholds, and some are very small.

Greece, is a zero threshold, you have to fill it all in, in Greek, and you have to have a local representative (who can be fined if you do a runner)...
>>> this is an extract from the Greece one
 Greek law provides for fines and imprisonment for non-compliance. A special feature applies to traders without a registered office in Greece who send goods directly to end customers (online trade). You cannot register and participate in a dual system yourself, but would have to commission a legal representative in Greece to do so.

more info on the countries here

https://verpackungslizenz24.de/en/eu-packaging-licence/

2 Likes
FruteJuce
Conversation Maker

I would love that option to be added. 

0 Likes

I really admire your positive view, let's hope you're right.  I've mailed them and got a response saying how to remove the country, but that's just in the US and apparently just for calculated shipping whatever that is.

0 Likes

Re: Excluding Germany shipping list issue.

You can't uncheck countries if you're editing a shipping profile, but you CAN uncheck countries if you create a new shipping profile. They are two different set-ups. 

0 Likes

You can only do that if you are in the USA or Canada, and have calculated shipping.

None of the rest of us have that facility - including the OP

2 Likes

@FallenAngelBrass  as @CraftyCornishMaids  says unfortunately we do not have that option to do that, but it would most certainly help if they did not include the EU countries into Everywhere else, it should be kept seperate.

3 Likes
TinTeddy
Community Maker

Many of us have been asking Etsy to implement a way for everyone to remove countries from shipping - literally, for years.

But they have still not done it.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.