Etsy takes down listing for suspected privacy violation and does not answer support requests

Jump to solution

Hello,
I have uploaded three listings for sports tickets and Etsy has taken them down for suspected privacy violation.  I have contacted them three times about this issue 7 days have passed and the have not answered anything nor have they activated the listings. It is really discouraging to see that happen. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

Thank you!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Etsy takes down listing for suspected privacy violation and does not answer support requests

Jump to solution

There are the IP issues involved.

Then, if a listing is deemed to realistic - where the listing could be used to impersonate say a law enforcement officer - or in this instance a scammer may try to pass off a "ticket" as the real thing, then Etsy will deactivate the listing. 

View solution in original post

3 Likes
21 Replies

Re: Etsy takes down listing for suspected privacy violation and does not answer support requests

Jump to solution

You're lucky Etsy hasn't shut you down yet. Your shop is full of IP infringements. 

6 Likes

Jump to solution

Can you explain on that? Many shops have logos etc cover and are best sellers

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Sorry - not able to help after viewing your shop.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you for taking a moment to check out my shop and trying to help me :))

0 Likes

Jump to solution

We tend to not help infringers or counterfeiters.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I don't think you are allowed to use the artists names in your listings for anything you sell..... just a thought.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I can understand why but if you search for sports tickets etc. you will find logos, teams names, artist name and they are bestsellers, that's why I thought that there will be no problem. I state that they are templates or customized tickets and not actual concert tickets 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You can't use well known entities to sell your goods.

That includes singers and sports teams.

Don't follow what you see on Etsy - Follow the rules set out by Etsy.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@CreativeESolutions 

Yes, Etsy customer service is notorious for ignoring sellers, but you actually don 't want them poking around in your shop as it is. Your shop is full of IP policy violations. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I will fix them now that I have been properly educated.

1 Like
TinTeddy
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Unless you can confirm that you are officially licensed to use all the trademarks in your shop, such as Taylor Swift, team names etc, then we are not allowed to help you. Selling items that infringe on trademarks is illegal, and can not be encouraged.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I am not trying to be encouraged I am just trying to see why Etsy takes my listings down and others are bestsellers now that I know that I will change all the templates.

0 Likes
TinTeddy
Community Maker

Jump to solution

It is against the rules of the Etsy forums to help..

https://www.etsy.com/uk/legal/community/

Rule 1:10

"Don't engage in illegal activity or activity that infringes someone's intellectual property, or encourage others to engage in that type of activity."

Helping a seller that appears to have a shop full of trademark infringing items would be "encouraging them to engage..."

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Okay I did not know that because Etsy has not taken down thousands of listings with the same exact use of names etc. . Saying that you are not willing to help me is not great, I am seeking for help to fix whatever I have done wrong. Helping someone is always a good thing to do to help the community.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You specifically asked how to speed up the process of addressing your problem.  There is no way to speed up the process.  As far as Etsy is concerned, the process is over and it is now up to you to fix your shop.  In this case, helping the community means telling you sellers can't help you violate the law and to remove IP violations which these sellers already have.  That is the only help we are allowed to give.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@CreativeESolutions from your original post:

"I have uploaded three listings for sports tickets and Etsy has taken them down for suspected privacy violation"

You will not get much help from etsy if your item was taken down due to intellectual policy violations. They do not tolerate that. It doesn't matter that other shops are doing the same thing (seriously, EVERY SELLER that gets caught says that) - they just haven't  been caught yet. But they will.

If you do not stop selling products that violate the intellectual property of others, your shop will eventually be permanently shut down.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I have deactivated all the listings with names etc. and I will change all of them. Thank You

1 Like

Jump to solution

Good for you for taking them down. If you're in doubt, read Etsy's guide to intellectual property: https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/22398703823

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Just because other sellers sell these same types of items using well known names does not mean they are following the rules.
You got caught. Others haven't (yet).

You don't know how many items were removed yesterday or last week for the same reason or how many items will be removed next week/month for the same reason.

You can't use trademarked names to sell items you make without permission from the trademark holder.
This includes sports teams, TV shows, movies, famous people. movies, cartoon characters etc.

Good for taking some of the listing down.

The listings you have that mention Airbnb are also a problem. 

Airbnb is trademarked and you cannot use their name without permission.

You might want to read the info on the help pages:
https://www.etsy.com/legal/prohibited
Especially this part under #5:

Unauthorized replicas or copies of items, and patterns or designs enabling their creation, are prohibited on Etsy. We consider counterfeit or unauthorized goods to be items that imitate an authentic good, particularly by using a brand’s name, logo, or protected design without the brand owner’s consent. Additionally, we may consider up-cycled or re-purposed items, even if using authentic materials, to be counterfeit if they are making use of a brand's name, logo, or protected design without their permission. Examples of prohibited counterfeit or unauthorized goods include replica luxury and non-luxury items like bags and branded apparel.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

There are the IP issues involved.

Then, if a listing is deemed to realistic - where the listing could be used to impersonate say a law enforcement officer - or in this instance a scammer may try to pass off a "ticket" as the real thing, then Etsy will deactivate the listing. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Sorry to add to your worries…

Airbnb is trademarked and regularly patrols Etsy to issue take  downs.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.