Etsy suspension error

I received an email letting me know that my shop is suspended and that i need to verify my email address. Anytime I put my email address it states that it does not recognize my username. That makes no sense. I tried two diffrent browsers. Someone please help?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
17 Replies

Re: Etsy suspension error

You are the target of a potential scam.  Mark as spam.  Do not engage.

6 Likes

Thanks

0 Likes

Your shop is not suspended, are you sure you are speaking with Etsy?

You may be communicating with scammers, if these messages are coming via the messenger box in your dashboard, they are trying to scam you

4 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Most likely this is the latest scam going on. Your shop is NOT suspended, I just looked at it.

Make sure that you only respond to any messages that come through "from etsy" in your messages in your shop. Any others you can ignore and/or spam if you can access your shop.

There's no reason that etsy needs to verify your email after the fact, the scammers are getting really good at stealing info and wreaking havoc so be very careful.

1 Like

Thanks...

0 Likes

Your shop is not suspended. This is a SCAM. Etsy already has your email address.

Mark the message as spam and do not engage any further.

They are trying to trick you into giving your email address, then you magically get a fake email from support asking for your financial information. Then, they DRAIN your account.

It's not that it doesn't recognize YOUR username, it's the scammers. Etsy has already deleted the scam account.

Please read the forums and familiarize yourself with common scams so you don't fall for anything.

Real messages from etsy will be in the "from etsy" section of your inbox.

0 Likes

I never get scammed until now. They send a link with a qr code to scam and enter card details. They wanted to know the amount in the account which was very suspicious.  I knew iVt was a scam then and am annoyed with myself as I normally check things before responding. I had just opened my shop and this was sent to me saying account suspended unless I add these details via the qr code they sent. 

1 Like

THIS IS A SCAM. YOUR SHOP IS NOT SUSPENDED.  DO NOT GIVE THE SCAMMER ANY INFORMATION.  PLACE THE MESSAGE IN SPAM.

1 Like

Thanks...

0 Likes

@MyAfricaCreations: If the message is something like "User Name is Invalid" (meaning the user name the Message is going to) usually that message means that the account has been closed (either by the user or by Etsy). Just in case, you should make sure to mark the message as SPAM (at last report you cannot do that using the seller app only a browser, even your mobile browser, or the buyer app).

Was the messages in the "From Etsy" section on your Messages page when checking messages using a browser? If not, it is a SCAM or phishing attempt.

Real messages from Etsy are now going into their own section (labeled as "From Etsy") on your Messages page https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/New-From-Etsy-section-in-Messages/m-p/143722497#M1899 but apparently this is only true when using a browser.

You might want to read the excellent post by @bradgoodell in https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/How-to-Spot-a-Scam-No-a-Buyer-Doesn-t-Need-Your-Ema... and https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Why-do-they-ask-me-for-my-e-mail-in-order-to-make-a-p...

There is also official information from Etsy at https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000343128-How-to-Handle-Spam-and-Suspicious-Messages?segm...

1 Like

Thanks for everything...

0 Likes

Be cautious, as there are numerous scam messages designed to steal your account.

0 Likes

I think it is scam messages, I receive this message from message, it said they are official Etsy, but it is easy to distinguish it is scam

1 Like

Thank You...

0 Likes
Retroand
Inspiration Seeker

Spam

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.