Etsy star rating doesn't work and Very bad etsy support this year for european sellers!

Jump to solution

This year, apart from the fact that support seems to be lacking at all for European sellers, and also their star rating is not calculating correctly. And it is about elementary mathematics. 
Today in my store 4.5 star rating went to 4 with no one leaving a review on my last orders. Here is a link to see the reviews and see for yourself that apparently the star rating system DOESN'T WORK!!!
Here you can check the true: https://www.etsy.com/shop/HatScarfSetWomenMen

Let's calculate! I have 7 5-star reviews in the last year. Only 1 4-star review and only 1 1-star review. Is it me that can't count or etsy's rating system isn't working!!!! 7 times 5 equals 35 + 4 +1 equals 40. 40 divided by 9 equals 4.44444444444444. And not at 4.

And today my rating suddenly became 4. I ask the support to do its job, for which it is paid!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Etsy star rating doesn't work and Very bad etsy support this year for european sellers!

Jump to solution

A year is the past 365 days. Or 12 months. 

Anything before that no longer counts. 

October 2022 was 14 months ago, which means it is OVER a year ago and not longer included in the rating. 

May 2022 was 19 months ago. That is way over a year ago. That does not count towards the star rating any longer, it stopped counting 7 months ago. 

View solution in original post

1 Like
17 Replies

Re: Etsy star rating doesn't work and Very bad etsy support this year for european sellers!

Jump to solution

The star rating only counts the last 365 days. You have only had 7 reviews since Dec 12, 2022. Five 5-star, one 4-star, and one 1-star = 30 total divided by 4 = 4.28.

The reason it changed is now everything before 12/12/2022 has fallen off.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

You are posting this everywhere and you will get the same answer every time. The maths are correct.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Is it me that can't count 

Yes, it is you that can't count

The 5* from the 12 dec 2022 dropped off your stats today,

You do not have 9 reviews in the last year, you have 6 now

1x1*
1x4*
4X5*

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I apologize, they are not 7 with 5-stars, but they are 6 with 5-stars, 1 - 4, 1- 1. And yet the calculation of the etsy rating does not come out correctly.
Because 35 divided by 8 is 4.375. But is not 4. 

There is no option here for me to attach a photo to prove my point to you.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

there are 4 with 5* in the last year, not 6,

I can see your shop.

1 Like

Jump to solution

25 divided by 6 = 4.16.  This is rounded down to 4.  

3 Likes
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

Jump to solution

yay.  math wins.  the OP doesn't care.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

I have 6 - 5 star reviews equals 30 + 4 +1 equals 35 and divided by 8 equals 4.375 but not 4. I can't attach a picture here to prove my point. But anyone can enter my store until I close it and see it ie. up to 1 month.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@HatScarfSetWomenMen 

Are you sure you have sorted by most recent? Also remember that the review dated Dec. 12, 2022 drops off and is not counted. 

I'm seeing the following dates and stars when I look-

In descending order

Nov. 28, 2023 - 1 star

Nov. 20,2023 -5 star

Feb. 10, 2023 - 5 star

Jan.17, 2023 -4 star

Jan. 13, 2023 - 5 star

Dec. 26, 2022 - 5 star

Total reviews received= 6

Total stars received = 25

25/6 = 4.16 rounds down to 4. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

No, you don't. 

You have 4 - 5 star reviews in the past year. 

1) Svetlana on Nov 20th 2023

2) Thomas on Feb 10th 2023

3) Kathleen on Jan 13th 2023

4) N. on Dec 26th 2022

Those are the only 5 star reviews in the past 365 days that are counting towards your average. 

The other reviews, as you know, are a 4 star and a 1 star. 

Anything else is over a year and not included.

That's a total of 6 reviews. 

25 total stars over 6 reviews = 4.16, which rounds to a 4. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution
Spoiler

:))

I admit that I counted 1 5-star review more because it was from 12/12/2022 and I included it in the bills, so I got the wrong calculations. I apologize. :)) :))

0 Likes

Jump to solution

A year is the past 365 days. Or 12 months. 

Anything before that no longer counts. 

October 2022 was 14 months ago, which means it is OVER a year ago and not longer included in the rating. 

May 2022 was 19 months ago. That is way over a year ago. That does not count towards the star rating any longer, it stopped counting 7 months ago. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@HatScarfSetWomenMen 
(I've said this in another thread, but...) That shop only has two reviews within the past year. One is 5 stars, the other is 1 star. So their average is 3 stars.

1 Like

Jump to solution

According to Etsy, the Star Seller program doesn’t look at the entire year, just the last three months.  Has something changed?  

From their policy:  Qualification is automatically assessed every month on the first day of the month (“Assessment Date”). If a seller satisfies the customer service standards and other qualifications for the three (3) months prior to the Assessment Date (“Review Period”), then the seller automatically qualifies to become a Star Seller. (For example, if the Assessment Date is on September 1, 2021, then a seller’s performance from June 1, 2021 through August 31, 2021 is measured.)  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The star seller is the past 3 months. The OP is questioning why their shop's overall score dropped to 4 stars today. That rating is based on the past 365 days. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Star Seller issues have been a big topic here.  It's filled with glitches.  It got me on shipping/tracking when I'm actually 100% but being counted as missing two.  Etsy needs to do away with it, but, in the meantime, shop owners shouldn't stress so much about it.  It has no impact on sales.  Buyers do not look for Star Seller status; they look at feedback.  I pay no attention to it, anymore.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This isn't about the Star Seller program or rating, it's about their shop's overall star rating, the one that shows at the top of the page by their name.

The star seller is based on the past 3 months, the shop's rating is based on the past year. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.