Etsy shipping labels Canada

Is anyone else having trouble purchasing postage labels with etsy? I’ve tried a couple of times and it’s failing to purchase. And the price seems super cheap. If it makes a difference I’m in Canada. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Etsy shipping labels Canada

Canada Post prices go up as of Monday, so Etsy may be doing some upgrades. (I can't use Etsy Labels so I can't check for you)

I am not sure about all accounts, but my commercial price guide says tracked packet price to the US is going down substantially, so much so that it will only be 50 cents more than small packet. If that is what you are checking, that could explain the good prices. Everything else for me is going up. 

2 Likes

Thank for your reply, it was only about 50 cents difference. Which I thought was very weird. But good to know  

0 Likes

I tried to print about 20 minutes ago and got the message that label could not be printed. The price at that point was $14.03 for my parcel. Tried 10 minutes ago and the price was $14.60 but still got the message that label could not be printed. So, like @cindylouwho2, I think Etsy is working to make the changes backstage. I will try later this evening or even tomorrow. 

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I’ll try again later  

0 Likes

When I set the date to when I will mail it, Monday Sept 12 it wouldn't print, so I set the date to today Sept 10 and it worked.

0 Likes

I'm going to try that @SilverCedarJewelry.

0 Likes

The label printed when I used today's date. I will check it at the post office tomorrow to be sure I do not owe the extra $0.60 because when I take it tomorrow, the post office may be on the new rate scale and I may not have paid enough. Post offices are closed around here on Sundays, even to scan the parcel in.

1 Like
ForMyParents
Inspiration Seeker

Yes! I printed a label for within Canada and it was fine. 20 minutes later I tried to print a label for Australia and it would not process. I contacted Etsy help twice. Their advice did not help. Did you figure out what was wrong?

Thanks, Anne 

0 Likes

The issue was that Etsy was in the process of updating the new Canadian postal rates at that time. Everything works for me now within Canada and the United States. I don't know why you would have trouble getting a label printed for Australia. Maybe you could start a new topic and see if other people are having problems with Australian shipping.

0 Likes
ForMyParents
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for responding. After trying for 2 days I refunded the buyer and reposted the item as shipping included. That way I can just go and buy the postage myself, if necessary. 

0 Likes

No matter how your listing is set up, you don't have to buy the label via Etsy.  You can always choose to got to the

post office or use another carrier.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.